Wix and Napa oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out what wix matches up to what Napa filter

The regular Wix with no prefix is equal to what Napa filter?
I take the XP is Platinum because it is synthetic filtering material.

Then you still have 2 other Napa filters(Platinum, Gold, Silver and Pro) . Where does the other two fall in the mix?

Wix no xp is NAPA Gold...

Just drop the first number from Wix...

Wix 51516 is 1516 NAPA
51356 is 1356

Wix XP is NAPA Platinum...

Change the 5 to a 4

Wix 51516 XP is 41516 NAPA Platinum
51356 is 41356

Last edited:
Originally Posted by sjw91
What does the NAPA Silver equate to?

The silver a step up from the pro select and has a few more pleats than NAPA's Pro Select but is below the Napa Gold. I would say the regular WIX is about the same as the Napa Gold.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lubener
I would say the regular WIX is about the same as the Napa Gold.

Those two are exactly the same filter ... just different can paint and branding.

Wix 51515 is .... Napa 1515 is ...... 21515 in silver ( or maybe that's ProSelect?)

I think ProSelect is the 21515, Silver would be 31515 (which doesn't exist).

Napa Filter website will cross the Wix number to all possible tiers of Napa flavors.

51515 Cross Reference

Edit... it looks like some Silver offerings have been obsoleted? I checked several sizes that I've seen in Silver and the website says "Superseded by.." and doesn't have any info.

The silver a step up from the pro select and has a few more pleats than NAPA's Pro Select but is below the Napa Gold. I would say the regular WIX is about the same as the Napa Gold.

Thanks. I was just curious if the Silvers were the same as another brand (like Wix or anyone else).

Thanks. I was just curious if the Silvers were the same as another brand (like Wix or anyone else).

MicroGard at O'Reilly would be fairly close to the Napa Silver or maybe Wally's Supertech.

Originally Posted by mobilaltima
passgas55, what town are you from? Good to see fellow Cajuns on here.

Up the road from you, Des Allemands,LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back