What is so "dated" about my interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buster, your Nissan's interior is almost as outdated as my 2018 Charger's. It was one of the compromises I made. Still not sure if it was the right one. It bugs me sometimes.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
buster, your Nissan's interior is almost as outdated as my 2018 Charger's. It was one of the compromises I made. Still not sure if it was the right one. It bugs me sometimes.

grin2.gif
cheers3.gif

I love what Car and Driver said:

Highs:
Affordable work-truck abilities, configurable cargo box, decent driving dynamics.

Lows:
Ancient-looking interior, few desirable features, old enough to attend middle-school dances.

Interior doesn't bother me. I like the exterior a lot.

[Linked Image]

Everyone says that and I don't get it... I like the interiors of the Charger/Challenger/300. Buster's interior is definitely dated, but it's not bad at all. I like his as well.

The buff books called the interior of my Club Sport dated because the IP was laid out like an E30 rather than the E36 the model was based on. I preferred the E30 interior so it suited me just fine.

If you really want to cringe, look at a Maserati Ghibli interior!

Total 90's GM with late 2000's Chrysler infotainment.

The windows rattle just like a 1993 F-body when you shut the door, too. Wild!

Originally Posted by Elkins45
I've never understood why people care about interior asthetics. Aren't you supposed to be looking at the road?

That's like buying a house and only caring about backyard view.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
A nice simple interior, just the way I like it. My Ram has a basic interior as well. I have no need for 5000 buttons or a huge screen. If that is considered "dated", then I guess I'm "dated" as well. lol

I'm in the same boat. I have an SLT model, the only thing "new" about it is the CD Playerless Touchscreen and the turn knob shifter. Everything else is simple, plain jane, and nice. I prefer a 3 seat front instead of the stupid giant center console things large trucks have now

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Your truck was introduced in 2007 and it hasn't changed.

What ISN'T dated about your interior? About the entire truck?

So ? Is anything that truck does out of date ?

It's not brand new so it's inferior. The mindless consumer's creed.

There's nothing dated about functionality in a pick up truck. Nor will there ever be.

Only poseurs and fashionista auto hacks complain about something that is a virtue and not a demerit. Planned obsolescence is not a benefit unless one likes added cost, complexity and potential for bugs and recalls.

Originally Posted by DweezilAZ
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Your truck was introduced in 2007 and it hasn't changed.

What ISN'T dated about your interior? About the entire truck?

So ? Is anything that truck does out of date ?

It's not brand new so it's inferior. The mindless consumer's creed.

Except, it is brand new.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
A nice simple interior, just the way I like it. My Ram has a basic interior as well. I have no need for 5000 buttons or a huge screen. If that is considered "dated", then I guess I'm "dated" as well. lol

I'm in the same boat. I have an SLT model, the only thing "new" about it is the CD Playerless Touchscreen and the turn knob shifter. Everything else is simple, plain jane, and nice. I prefer a 3 seat front instead of the stupid giant center console things large trucks have now

Same with my 2017 Ram 1500 express. The interior door trim is one giant piece of plastic that comes off with a few screws.

I really like the interior of my FILs 2017 Frontier SV crew model as well. Everything fits together well. The loooooong throw of the console shifter on the Frontier is pretty funny though.

Originally Posted by Elkins45
I've never understood why people care about interior asthetics. Aren't you supposed to be looking at the road?

That's like buying a house and only caring about backyard view.

It's like buying a house because it has the location, space and layout you want at the best price.

I remember when trucks were work vehicles, not cars with a wet trunk.

While yeah dated because it has been adorning the Frontier and Xterra for over a decade now but its still functional. Your interior looks nearly identical to my mom's old 2011 Xterra that she bought in 2010. On the other hand sad to see Nissan letting this truck wither on the vine like Ford and GM did with their midsize offerings back in the Ranger and S10/Colorado days.

It's long overdue for an upgrade (for better or worse), which I believe is coming for the 2021 model year.

I cannot believe all the critique on interior visuals in a truck. How many new styling twists and tweaks can a manufacturer come up with that haven't been employed in the past?

Give me basic functionality with a couple nice current technology upgrades and I'm happy. That translates to a good basic ergonomic layout plus a competitively sized touch screen (8" seems the norm for now) plus a smaller info display within the instrument panel with some different readouts you can page through. And not 35 different push buttons either. What else do you need. It's a truck not a space shuttle.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
I cannot believe all the critique on interior visuals in a truck. How many new styling twists and tweaks can a manufacturer come up with that haven't been employed in the past?

Give me basic functionality with a couple nice current technology upgrades and I'm happy. That translates to a good basic ergonomic layout plus a competitively sized touch screen (8" seems the norm for now) plus a smaller info display within the instrument panel with some different readouts you can page through. And not 35 different push buttons either. What else do you need. It's a truck not a space shuttle.

OP asked why it's dated, so people explained why it's dated. Almost everyone said it's not a bad thing, just dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back