Economy filters ($4) with silicone adbv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it's Silicone, doesn't mean it's good.

I tried Motorcraft fiters with silcone ADBV's - $3. Lasted on average 2k miles before they leaked down and had nasty start up noise every morning.

Went to Fram Ultra's, $9, and they last 20k+ and no issue before I swap them (am on my 3rd one now of that longevity).

this is in a Toyota 1mz-fe, which is hard on filters, but it says a lot and this was with multiple runs of each filter. Value is based on effectiveness over time, not retail price.

Originally Posted by Oro_O

I tried Motorcraft fiters with silcone ADBV's - $3. Lasted on average 2k miles before they leaked down and had nasty start up noise every morning.

Leaked AND became noisy by 2K miles?! Some terrible luck there.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by Oro_O

Leaked AND became noisy by 2K miles?! Some terrible luck there.

Hmmmmm, you just can't trust those leaky MC oil filters.
smirk.gif

Rock Auto has the Ecogard Synthetic (part number starting with S) and the Premium Guard extended life both under $4 with silicone
smile.gif

Some people on here have gotten Napa Golds for half price a few times a year at select Napas.The sale price brings them under your $4 limit
smile.gif

I agree the Denso filters are high quality and reasonable price.
Does anyone know if the WIX standard filter has silicone ADBV?

Originally Posted by DGXR
Does anyone know if the WIX standard filter has silicone ADBV?

They do, as well as their sister filter the NAPA Gold.

Federal Mogul Champion filters can be found on closeout at Rockauto for 1.50 or less at times.
Theyve got silicone ADBVs, atleast the 3614s I have do.

They're highly regarded here, and usually as soon as someone posts a new deal on them at rockauto on the rebates forum they seem to disappear quickly (BITOGers buying them all up I suppose)

FWIW, some even consider them the sister to the M1 filters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back