Baked bread in the Gas BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had any home made bread since May. Thought I would make some Wed. afternoon. Mixed it in the stand mixer using SAF Red instant yeast. My temp indicator on the Broil King reads about 50* lower than actual internal temp, so have to keep that in mind. Baked 3 loaves on a pizza stone for about 35 minutes. Turning tins around at half time. Came out a little darker than the electric stove oven but still better than store bought by far. I have been baking for us for decades now. I really enjoy doing it. Give it a try if you have never done this. You will really enjoy the effort.
Bake time In the oven: about 30-35 min. at 375*f

Drosselmier,
Niagara Region, Canada,
Retired veteran, RCN and Air Force.

I'll bake cornbread in my kamado grill in a small non-stick cast iron skillet. it gets a nice smokey flavor. Just need to have time and patience to get the grill to the correct constant temperature.

Have you made pizza in your grill? I've tried a couple times but the dough stuck to the pizza stone and I couldn't get it off the stone.

Originally Posted by Leo99

Have you made pizza in your grill? I've tried a couple times but the dough stuck to the pizza stone and I couldn't get it off the stone.

Sprinkle the stone liberally with corn meal. A pizza peel is handy to have to move the pizza from the stone to a pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back