2018 Jeep, Pentastar 3.6L, 6,211 miles on PP 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Were sample # 1, & #2 sent back to back?
Sample 1 at 525 miles new engine wear in,
Sample 2 ran 3010 miles & sent at 3535 ( instead of 35335),
skipped a sample on the 3rd OCI at 8848,
& re-submitted a sample now with 15059 miles?

I sent 4 consecutive oil analysis from new, on a 2018 F150 3.5 EcoBoost, and it was the 4th sample where wear metals leveled out. My silicon levels were also in the upper / critical on the 1st OCI, which I changed a little earlier, 82-24-12-11

Boron might be getting low if the levels are similar to a 5W-30 Pennzoil Platinum, but everything else looks to be normal to me. I am not using the same viscosity so not real familiar with the add pack on this oil.

Originally Posted by cdlamb
Were sample # 1, & #2 sent back to back?
Sample 1 at 525 miles new engine wear in,
Sample 2 ran 3010 miles & sent at 3535 ( instead of 35335),
skipped a sample on the 3rd OCI at 8848,
& re-submitted a sample now with 15059 miles?

Yes, right on.

Agree boron drop seems odd, given that PP 0w20 is the only oil I've ever used in this engine (except sample 1 was an unknown FF). Maybe they're changing PP 0w40 formulation?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Nice! Is your 2018 Jeep a JK or JL? I ask because the JL has the gen 2 Pentastar Upgrade, or PUG.

JL. What oil you running in yours now?

Originally Posted by claluja
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Nice! Is your 2018 Jeep a JK or JL? I ask because the JL has the gen 2 Pentastar Upgrade, or PUG.

JL. What oil you running in yours now?

I've got Pennzoil Ultra 0w20 in there and I'm coming up on 5k on it. I'll do a UOA when I change it out. Mobil 1 AP 0w20 is on deck. I've run Mobil 1 EP or AP prior to the PUP. My longest run was close to 7500 miles on AP. It had lots of life left in it, but its just too easy to change the oil on these things and I got the AP with a rebate. I think I'll settle in with 5k intervals.

I've been running Fram Ultra filters, but I have 13 Mobil 1 filters I picked up at Wal Mart on clearance, so I'll be using those for a good while to come.

Interesting. Your engine seems to be doing great. I have a 2019 JLU Sport. I changed the FF out at 750 miles and put in Rotella Gas Truck 0w-20. I'm considering going to a 5w-30 since it gets hot here and I tow a small travel trailer occasionally. I've seen oil temps pushing 240 degrees while off road or hauling my trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back