Milwaukee Shockwave Impact bits - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a decent deal for that set. If you have no bits, you can't go wrong with that. However, those sets always have tons of filler: I've never seen anyone use a standard (slot) bit in a drill, and we don't really use Torx in Canada. I've seen special deck screws that are Torx, but I've never seen them anywhere else. I think they are more popular in America. They make specific bits sets for Canada that have more Robertsons, I've seen "CDN" in their model number but I can't recall exactly what it was.

I've used all the brands of bits and I think Dewalt are the best. I just got a Dewalt 3.5 inch #2 power bit to replace an old Bosch that an apprentice destroyed and it is a lot beefier than the Milwaukee or Bosch. I've read that the Dewalt bits have more precise geometry but IDK. I am referring to the Dewalt FlexTorq bits, or the grey steel ones that have the yellow band. The cheap ones that come in the sets are just generic bits.

Honestly, get 3.5" power bits for #1, #2 Robertson, #2 Phillips and a magnetizer. That's all I need and I renovate houses professionally. My Dad uses a magnetic bit holder with the 1" bits, but the magnetism isn't strong enough to hold a 3.5" construction screw when the tip is worn. Dewalt makes a special magnetic collar that they have in some of their bit sets but I haven't tried it yet. The magnetizer is nice because you can magnetize or demagnetize, and also magnetize screwdrivers.

Last edited:
I actually have that exact set. It came as a package deal with the impact and drills.

For $50 it's fair. They're quality bits and the cases are super tough.

But the bits can be a real pain to pull out of those holders. Raw fingers.

Are they good,.. Yes, the best? Who knows. I use Milwaukee and Dewalt bits every day and never a problem. Heck I used Craftsman bits last week and no issue. I'd get some, go to work and if they fail, buy something else you like.
Now if you wanna talk drills & drivers, well that's a whole different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back