CASTROL OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for information on CASTROL engine oil and was surprised that their website appears to have not been updated since 2015. Since they haven't data on what oil they recommend for the 2017 and beyond MY, I can only assume that the site is next to worthless. Ed

I just poked around there. Not much info beyond 2016 or 2017 Like Eddie said.

But you have BITOG and your owner's manual and the printing on the 710 cap. What else do you need?

You want them to tell you you really only require Castrol GTX when you really know in your heart you need Castrol Edge Gold Extended performance with Titanium?!

But I will tell you you actually need Motul X-Clean 8100

"Put a Tool in that Motor with MOTUL

It may be nice, helpful or somewhat useful that the oil company website gives recommendations but your owner's manual gives the correct requirements.

But somehow that always seems to be the last place people look.

I'm running PP now and was wondering about CASTROL and what they offered and analysis comparison. I may be geting a new vehicle and would like to re-investigate what the major oil players have to offer. Ed

Originally Posted by Eddie
I'm running PP now and was wondering about CASTROL and what they offered and analysis comparison. I may be geting a new vehicle and would like to re-investigate what the major oil players have to offer. Ed

Understood. Like I added, (pizza guy came to the door in middle of typing); Pennzoil has the problem where certain brands arent listed past a decade prior to current. If you search for Porsche it will stop at 2007. Also it starts at 1995...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back