Rear tire inside edge feathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah growing up at dirt tracks in racing a few dirt cars I definitely would rather it rotate more. I always hated the characteristic that it would push the front.

So the rear tires after being aligned the toe really didn't move but the camber went to -1.6 and -1.5
They said that would make a difference for sure. I'm not really sure about that. But I guess I'm hopeful.

Not wanting to hijack this tread, but being we're on the subject of alignments, what makes a vehicle wander to the right or left, not both, just one or the other?
OP, when your kind of vehicle gets an alignment it should be a 4 wheel alignment, not just the front.

Is there a difference between a 4 wheel and 2 wheel alignment?
Yes. The vehicles that have four-wheel independent suspensions or an adjustable rear suspension require aligning to the front wheels. The front end 2 wheel alignment only aligns the front end. If your car has a solid rear axle you can usually choose the two wheel alignment.

Update after driving about 1200 miles I can confirm the rear inside edge of the tires still appear to be feathering. The alignment is in spec from what the sheet they provide any recommendations?

Find another shop that agree to do a 0 toe, -0.5 camber alignment, not just to spec, make sure to tell them this is the reason and you won't pay if it is only in spec.

You will pay more now, but it will be cheaper in the long run. I bought a used van that had this issue due to design, and I end up buying a camber arm to make it go from -1.5 to -0.5 camber. That's $200 for parts and $100 labor, but is worth it.

I owned a dart before this one and didn't have this issue. So could it be a suspension issue? Shocks? Wheel bearings were mentioned by a couple guys are the dart forums.

Originally Posted by ram_man
I owned a dart before this one and didn't have this issue. So could it be a suspension issue? Shocks? Wheel bearings were mentioned by a couple guys are the dart forums.

Could be. Could also be a shop that doesn't have a properly calibrated alignment rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back