2017 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone,

My dad asked for some thoughts on a used 2017 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Hybrid. The car is a Vehicle buy back and it states "Vehicle is a buyback - Hard Shift Transmission. Fixed and ready to go."

He has been eyeing this model of car for over a year and the pricing on this one is pretty amazing but that little sentence is holding him back from going to check it out. The car is not certified because of this. Wanted to see what your thoughts are on this transmission, if you know about the hard shifting and the repairs they did and if they are still having issues. Not sure if this was the best sub-forum to post in.

Thanks all

Basically this was a lemon which underwent numerous failed repair attempts and has miraculously been fixed. I imagine if the factory warranty is still in place, and you've had the opportunity for an extended test drive (ex, Weekend), AND the price is REALLY REALLY low then it might be okay to purchase.

Only if factory warranty is still valid . I would do some internet research to see if this is a common problem with this car .

Since it is a plug in hybrid , I am a little surprised it has a transmission ?

How many miles ? And yes , I agree , the price would have to be REALLY , REALLY low .

Means dealer techs could not diagnose the issue properly so bought back. Likely GM has experts available to assist in complicated stuff like this and put the buybacks onto road.

I would presume a CT6 Hybrid deprecates massively so why consider a prior lemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back