CARQUEST R85334 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a lady friends 2018 Hyundai Elantra with carquest 5w30 for about 3,100 miles. Both endcaps fell off as soon as I took element out of the can
frown.gif

Would definitely not use this filter, as kinda shoddy looking.

Put a Prime Guard OEM look a like hyundai/Kia filter on with some QSGB 5w30

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is that material inside the center tube cracked? That looks like it could end up flaking off. Thanks for the C+P!

Originally Posted by spasm3
Is that material inside the center tube cracked? That looks like it could end up flaking off. Thanks for the C+P!

Yeah, the glue stuff is cracked on both ends. Pretty bad filter I say as I was not impressed

But metal endcaps are the best?
confused2.gif

That was made March 20, 1019, so a recent production.

So do we now have to worry about endcaps not being attached along with tears and torn/cut ADV? Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Or is this the beginning of "Decap-o-lator" filters to add to the "Tear-o-lator" and "Cut-o-lator" monikers?

Originally Posted by blupupher
But metal endcaps are the best?
confused2.gif

That was made March 20, 1019, so a recent production.

So do we now have to worry about endcaps not being attached along with tears and torn/cut ADV? Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Or is this the beginning of "Decap-o-lator" filters to add to the "Tear-o-lator" and "Cut-o-lator" monikers?

I cut a Ph48 variant yesterday after work at the shop. Both endcaps fell off after I cut the can open. That filter had 1,390 as was on a 08 Tahoe that had some engine work done to it. I sure hope this isnt a sign of things to come

Originally Posted by Audios
Wow I thought the red carquests were halfway decent. Just when my local supplier started carrying them too.

They were when they were Wix or Frampion made, but are now made by Purolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back