Honda Ridgeline "Stuck Mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.
TFL tried to drive one off-road and the transmission overheated.

6 months from now I would worry about the hubs on any truck that went through water that deep.

Originally Posted by LotI
TFL tried to drive one off-road and the transmission overheated.

6 months from now I would worry about the hubs on any truck that went through water that deep.

I agree. It's definitely not a true off-roader and I would never subject that truck to what this guy did. For daily driving and bad weather conditions, it performs very well.

Originally Posted by Donald
What kind of 4WD? Are either of the diff locked?

I didn't see the real wheel spinning at all.

Ridgeline is a crossover posing as a pickup truck, period. It might be a very good crossover but it cannot compete when the loads increase and the towing gets serious because it's not setup for that. It's transverse engine front wheel drive with part time awd, right?

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Ridgeline is a crossover posing as a pickup truck, period. It might be a very good crossover but it cannot compete when the loads increase and the towing gets serious because it's not setup for that. It's transverse engine front wheel drive with part time awd, right?

Yup. Very nice on-road I understand, and for light offroading. Where they had it....probably wouldn't last long if repeated often.

He looked like a ridgeline driver. That is not an off road vehicle of any sort. Dang nice project truck or grocery getter.

Yes, T DOG02 you have a point they are great vehicles but they are not a 1/2 ton truck in any way. I have one (2010) and love it. It is what it is .

It can pull light loads it had a grat little trunk that can hold stuff and keep it dry. It is not soemthing that i would take off road. I would take it on a 2 Track seasonal road with bumps but that is about it.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Was that particular Ridgeline in the video still sold as a new vehicle?

Yeah I wonder if that thing is a demo.

The Ridgeline is great for its intended purposes, but that one didn't look or sound like it was in its happy place. If you plan on doing stuff like that with a truck there are lots of better choices with real 4 low (stuck mode) for the money.

Originally Posted by dishdude
The Ridgeline is nothing more than an Odyssey with a shelf.
Well, it does have a Honda badge and shares a 3.5LV6.

Both Ford and GM are working on mid-sized unibody pickups.

Last edited:
I understand why some would not consider this a truck. To me it's a truck, a more civilized truck.

If I didn't like the Frontier so much, I would have considered the Ridgeline. For day to day driving, especially in bad weather, this is an excellent choice.

There are many days in winter when you just get a coating to an inch of snow where an AWD system like that in the Ridgeline is much more practical than the 4WD in my truck.

It's definitely the truck that most truck buyers need. If I were to buy one, I'd just get the FWD one ... FWD has never let me down commuting! If I didn't routinely tow (or ever tow) 6500 pounds, I'd consider one. People seem to think they need a diesel to run to home depot and get 3 bags of mulch a year. They're kind of like the Subaru Baja; not a true truck, but a more practical truck than what most have.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger

No, it has full time AWD.

Is there a don' t get stuck in the first place button?
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back