What is so "dated" about my interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing "dated" about a 6,250 RPM redline.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by buster
Yes, it is dated. I've lost faith in many things lately, included in that would be those that review cars. I test drove every mid-size pickup on the market and rarely did I agree with the reviewers. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, other than maybe to form your own opinion when it comes to buying a car. One thing I have found funny is the constant reference of the Nissan Frontier to a "dinosaur" or "antique". I could have bought any of the mid-size trucks, but I failed to see what the hype was all about. Now if this truck proves to be unreliable, then I'll jump on the hate bandwagon. Until then I don't quite get it......what is so dated about this interior?
grin2.gif
(don't mistake my sarcasm as thinking this is the nicest truck out there....hardly.)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's a early-2000's Nissan. It looks like a early 2000's Nissan. Is what it is, man, but someone maintained the [censored] out of it! Looks CLEAN! Drive it with pride. How many miles on it?

That's a early to mid 2000s interior. Lots of sharp edges and those separated white gauges look like they are from the 90s.

Are those monochrome LCD displays for the HVAC controls? It's an old interior that they have dressed up by replacing the grey plastic knobs with black and chrome. That head unit was once a cassette player, guaranteed.

Interesting thread. There is a lot to like about that interior. It has a nice clean and uncluttered look. I especially like the fact that you can install an aftermarket audio system with ease. I'm not at all sure I like the lack of aftermarket options on newer designs.

Last edited:
A nice simple interior, just the way I like it. My Ram has a basic interior as well. I have no need for 5000 buttons or a huge screen. If that is considered "dated", then I guess I'm "dated" as well. lol

Yes, it is dated. I've lost faith in many things lately, included in that would be those that review cars. I test drove every mid-size pickup on the market and rarely did I agree with the reviewers. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, other than maybe to form your own opinion when it comes to buying a car. One thing I have found funny is the constant reference of the Nissan Frontier to a "dinosaur" or "antique". I could have bought any of the mid-size trucks, but I failed to see what the hype was all about. Now if this truck proves to be unreliable, then I'll jump on the hate bandwagon. Until then I don't quite get it......what is so dated about this interior?
grin2.gif
(don't mistake my sarcasm as thinking this is the nicest truck out there....hardly.)

When people say it looks dated, I don't think everyone means that as a bad thing necessarily. To answer your question "what is so dated about this interior?" I think it's a few things. The use of hard plastics, the gear selector, the white gauges in the dash, and most of all the steering wheel design.

I like that it has actual switches and not a touch screen for everything.

I thought steering wheel controls were dumb until I had a car with one, and they're great. And most are redundant somewhere else as well. (Audio, climate).

Originally Posted by glock19

When people say it looks dated, I don't think everyone means that as a bad thing necessarily. To answer your question "what is so dated about this interior?" I think it's a few things. The use of hard plastics, the gear selector, the white gauges in the dash, and most of all the steering wheel design.

X2, it's not a bad interior, but its styling and materials/texture are basically unchanged from an early to mid 00's Nissan truck. It looks very much like my cousin's old '06 Titan, in fact that steering wheel looks exactly the same. None of that would keep me from buying one, but you can tell when the vehicle was designed and it was definitely over 15 years ago. Not knocking that. I have the real Jurassic Park interior in my 94 Explorer..the "shelf" on the dash is not a good place for cups of water, t-rex or not. The cup holders aren't a great place either.
grin.gif

Nissan Frontier is the best bang for you buck on the market.

The ONLY, AND ONLY COMPLAINT I have with this truck is the wide turning radius!

Originally Posted by Ws6
It's a early-2000's Nissan. It looks like a early 2000's Nissan. Is what it is, man, but someone maintained the [censored] out of it! Looks CLEAN! Drive it with pride. How many miles on it?

Dude, it's a brand new 2019. That's the whole point of OP's post.

Originally Posted by Ws6

It's a 2019 Frontier Pro4X, brand new.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Ws6

grin2.gif

It definitely is early 2000's looking....

What is so "dated" about my interior?
Yes, it is dated.

You just contradicted yourself.
Sounds like you're insecure about your decision. If you're happy with it, then you shouldn't care what anyone else thinks. If you fret over what other people think about it, then you have a problem.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Ws6

Rofl what!??!?!?! That's a 2019? Is it like a special model for government contract or something?

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Ws6

It's a 2019 Frontier Pro4X, brand new.

Ummm...this is a 2005...so if you're not BSing me, then its dated as [censored], because it hasnt improved in nearly a decade and a half.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by billt460
There is nothing "dated" about a 6,250 RPM redline.
cheers3.gif

Yeah, in a v6 there is. Straight outta the 80s in sports cars all day, 90s and early 00s in a truck.

Those picture remind me of my brothers 1994 Maxima and white ooh sporty gauges.

Everything screams old boring Japanese of 1990-2000's or even Chrysler of 2000's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back