What is so "dated" about my interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is dated. I've lost faith in many things lately, included in that would be those that review cars. I test drove every mid-size pickup on the market and rarely did I agree with the reviewers. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, other than maybe to form your own opinion when it comes to buying a car. One thing I have found funny is the constant reference of the Nissan Frontier to a "dinosaur" or "antique". I could have bought any of the mid-size trucks, but I failed to see what the hype was all about. Now if this truck proves to be unreliable, then I'll jump on the hate bandwagon. Until then I don't quite get it......what is so dated about this interior?
grin2.gif
(don't mistake my sarcasm as thinking this is the nicest truck out there....hardly.)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't get I either. I also bought a 2017 Frontier (last year). and I actually gravitated toward it BECAUSE of the reviews that said things like you mentioned. Of course, I am an old fogey, and would prefer that the whole truck or car was more like the 1960's. Especially in styling and simplicity.

LOL right. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of many of the new trucks but the car magazines and other mainstream press are clearly being dramatic about it. As if it's a truck from the 1940's LOL

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Your truck was introduced in 2007 and it hasn't changed.

What ISN'T dated about your interior? About the entire truck?

As I said, it IS dated. I'm aware of that, but stylistically what makes it so dated looking? The fact that it doesn't have a 20 speed transmission? Mechanically, yes.

I just ignore the reviews like that..i wouldnt have bought my Toyota Venza if I listened to reviews. Although I do agree with some of the negative items pointed out. No vehicle is perfect, as long as the flaws are minimal enough to live with, thats all that matters.

I dont find your truck to be outdated. I like the weathertech liners, hope to get some for my venza.

Originally Posted by buster

As I said, it IS dated. I'm aware of that, but stylistically what makes it so dated looking? The fact that it doesn't have a 20 speed transmission? Mechanically, yes.

Sometimes older technology is much more reliable than a high tech truck with glitter and glam like stupid silly touch controls.

It's the little place in the console that can hold coins. Nobody uses coins anymore. The handbrake lever is on its way out too.

It's a good clean interior and functional as well. That's all you need.

Is the drivers seat comfortable? Nissan puts zero gravity seats in some models and I think the Frontier is one of them.

Said it before...I'd take dated and utterly reliable over high tech and unproven any day.

Looks fine to me, everything's laid out where you expect it to be, and looks easy to use while driving.

Not that different in style from my F150's somewhat plain interior, mines even got a column shift lever instead of floor shift, how dated is that ... LoL.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by buster

Sometimes older technology is much more reliable than a high tech truck with glitter and glam like stupid silly touch controls turbo/super chargers.

thumbsup2.gif

I like my dated grand caravan and I never bought a vehicle based on "professional" reviews. These guys are mostly paid off shills.

I used to love reading TTAC (The Truth About Cars) as they really went after the bad stuff, instead of just skating over it like the rest of the industry does. But they too realized that this business model was not sustainable as the manufacturers would not provide vehicles to them to review. They are now shilling the same as others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back