Does Quaker State contain more seal conditioners than Pennzoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that all varieties of QS claim to have at least some seal conditioners to "help prevent and reduce leaks." But the star chart on the Pennzoil only claims the high mileage helps this issues. I know the wording is different, "prevent and reduce leaks" vs "conditions older seals." Still, I found it interesting that QSUD claims to help reduce leaks.

So, what you folks think? Could QS in general have boosted seal conditioners compared to PP varieties?

D649D7CB-253F-49E5-91DA-99F62ECA4442.jpeg

1B076E77-015F-4340-8ED2-67E5F31F3E4C.jpeg

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Yes it does but the Pennzoil protects horsepower like waayyy better

Yeah but the QSUD has 3 checks More Performance. So you have another choice, keep your horsepower longer or get more.
lol.gif

I think Pennzoil is either trying to market their HM oil, or they decided for liability reasons to say their normal product line doesn't condition older seals.

Originally Posted by csandste
Think you're over examining ad copy.

Originally Posted by Starman2112
It's all marketing BS anyway.

Yep, the labels on oil jugs are pretty much meaningless

Than you have this label.
Well they both must be better than regular Mobil 1
The most it gets in any of there categories is 2 stars
Even there advanced only gets 3 stars in one category
grin.gif

Screenshot_20190815-091842.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tblt44
Than you have this label.
Well they both must be better than regular Mobil 1
The most it gets in any of there categories is 2 stars
Even there advanced only gets 3 stars in one category
grin.gif

That's because they have to save an all three star rating for the vastly more expensive AP!!!

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

That's because they have to save an all three star rating for the vastly more expensive AP!!!

LOL.... I have 3 jugs of it from AutoZone's year-end $10 clearance last fall.

It doesn't act any differently than any other oil I have tried.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

LOL.... I have 3 jugs of it from AutoZone's year-end $10 clearance last fall.
It doesn't act any differently than any other oil I have tried.

I run AP 5W30 once when it was the only oil in that grade with a d1G2 license that I could find on the shelf at WM...think I paid $40 or $50 for it but got a $10 WM gift card with it right away and also got a $12 rebate, so the overall cost wasn't too bad.
Nothing good or bad about my experience with that OCI, with the advent of d1G2 I was eager to use an oil I knew had been tested for LSPI mitigation.

Alright I see all the sarcasm. I understand it's just marketing and the stars/checks are nearly meaningless. I wasn't reading it as some vastly major difference between the two. Perhaps I should I have worded the main post differently, apologies.

I understand most syns clean pretty well and contain conditioners.

All I was really getting at is I found it interesting that QSUD claims to help "reduce leaks" despite not being a high mileage oil. I just haven't seen that with other synthetics. Maybe I just don't pay attention enough, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back