2017 Gen2 Ford Raptor 3.5 V6 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I don't know much at all about an oil analysis, so it'll be great if some of you guys can give me some more insight(if available) other than the general information provided Blackstone.
I've used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 with a K&N Performance oil filter (I called K&N and they did say the filter membrane is different than the Pro series) throughout the trucks life. I've always changed the oil every 5000-5500 miles EXCEPT this last OCI. This last OCI was done with about 9000 miles on the oil and filter. During the OCI, the fuel tank was filled with Gumout One-And-Done fuel treatment(if this fact has any bearing). The truck was ran a little harder while filled with the Gumout in the tank because I figured it would help get the engine temps up assisting the clean. Thanks in advance.

R

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 107
Just MHO but your good to go with the ultra 5-30 but you can do better than the overpriced KnN filter. I'm a fan of Fram Ultra but there are many other top quality filters to handle a 5k OCI. Again, just MHO and no analysis to go on....with the high output 3.5 I would be cognizant of possible fuel dilution at that 9k run.

If that beauty was mine I would be running M1 EP 5-30 or even likelier I would be using M1 0-40 at 5-6k OCI with a Fram Ultra for 2 runs.

Enjoy that awesome ride.

What is your driving routine? City, highway, towing or hauling?

Silicon is up. Check your air intake and filter. That might explain the higher iron numbers as well though they are not high enough to start worrying yet.

Usually, I like to run a 5W30 that's a little on the thicker side. I just happened to have some Motorcraft leftover from my my old KIA and used it this time. My normal picks are Mobil 1 original, QSUD and Havoline Pro DS. My next fill will be the Havoline Pro DS.

My driving routine is mostly city and highway. I've been off-roading once (slow paced for approx. 60 miles) on this OCI.

I did change the intake/air filter at 20,000 miles with a factory Ford motorcraft. The truck currently has 34,xxx miles on it.

You have dirt intrusion recheck the plumbing on the Raptor. If you want to clean the fuel system try a intake cleaner like CRC. It will clean better than a fuel in tank cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back