Kobalt 24v 1/2 Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I couldn't pass up the deal at 179.99 plus another 10% I get off for military discount. So $171 out the door! I was cross shopping Milwaukee but at this price I made my mind up. It also comes with a 5 year warranty. Extra batteries were only $50 to compared to the others too. I'm a weekend warrior so this should last me forever I hope.

80FBA198-EC1E-496A-AFAA-E914686ACBD7.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought a Craftsman 19.3v with a 4 amp battery. It is awesome and everybody that uses it goes and gets their own. My son used it and went and got a Ryobi one and the other son went to Harbor Freight and got one. Changing a tire is almost fun now. Much quieter than my air powered one.

Its about the same specs as the milwaukee mid-torque except bigger-(over 2" longer) and almost 50% heavier

Should be good for some stuff.. such as lugnuts on cars and non-commercial trucks.

to put it in perspective its size and weight are similar to the biggest 1/2" milwaukee high torque, and the dewalt dcf899, but at half the power.

I have the Craftsman's and use it restoring Vintage Motorcycles. I am looking for a new one, can you tell me where you found the deal? Lowes? Home Depot? Thanks
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by VintageBikesUSA
I have the Craftsman's and use it restoring Vintage Motorcycles. I am looking for a new one, can you tell me where you found the deal? Lowes? Home Depot? Thanks
[Linked Image]

I got it at Lowe's! It's rated at 650 nut busting torque....it will be plenty for me. Milwaukee was about $100 more for the "comparable mid torque model"

I think its best to look at your cordless tool direction, not at a specific tool. I went with Milwaukee M18 and have many tools, vacuum and 2 lights, 3 batteries. I buy bare tools. I do have 2 Ryobi cordless tools as I wanted a lite 10" chainsaw and Milwaukee only had a 16".

I had a gold Trail 70 when I was a kid. Fun. I wanted the 90 but my parents said no way.

Nice impact. I bought a Milwaukee Fuel 1/2" drive and I LOVE it. Any time someone asks me about getting an air impact I ask why?

I have the smaller 1/2 (and 3/8 and impact driver). So far on my truck with a 4 amp hour battery I haven't found anything the smaller ones couldn't take off otherwise I'd have jumped on the larger one. Even the small 3/8 was tested to 220lbs WITH an adapter and small 2.0 ah battery (they definitely perform better with a 4.0 ah vs 2.0) Out did like size Milwaukee and Snap on.
3/8" Kobalt test

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back