Is a 3 inch polisher a necessary tool to polish a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been polishing with my PC DA for years. Works well but can get into small spaces.

I am thinking of getting a small 3 inch one like I see in videos . You detailers out there , is a 3 inch one a needed tool for a thorough detailing ?

Thanks

When I first saw one I thought it would be nice to have. But the reviews seem lackluster last time I checked. So kind of moved on from them. The one on autogeek.net at the time.

I have an older BluePoint 3 inch buffer that is absolutely fantastic. It is the right choice for headlights, and other detail oriented work. Wonderful for aircraft repairs, to blend new paint with old and avoid rivets. If I remember correctly, it's top RPM is about 3000. It's certainly not the speed of a die grinder. Has plenty of power too.

Not the right tool to do large surfaces. But perfect for things like door and window pillars, jambs, edges, etc. I even polished my Titanium bicycle frame and eventually the fork to a mirror shine with it!

It looks much like this Harbor Freight tool. No clue if the HF tool is any good. (I will have to get one though)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
A 3" is very useful in certain situations.

Only you can know if one would be worth it. How may times have you wished you had one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back