Snow Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Shannow
3117 feet

Ok thanks! My home sits at 1750 ft but the valley below is only 1000 ft so it feels much higher than it is.

I personally love snow and cold. I've always been able to get by without putting on any winter clothing (although I certainly keep it on hand for the extremes). I do wear cowboy boots, though. No bare feet for me regardless of the weather.
grin.gif

Yeah was funny Saturday Morning...took my wife out for breakfast at a local eatery, shorts T-Shirt and sandals....Eggs Benedict...yum.

All the Mercs and BMWs parked in the street, their owners dressed up like they were going skiing was amusing.

Kids' snowman lasted until Saturday (well part of it).

Nope,
never in a band...thnaks...according to my wife and daughter, I intimidate people.

Originally Posted by Shannow
And I just had to....

[Linked Image]

Thanks Wim Hof, and Game of Thrones

edit...not long out of bed, so make-up hadn't got to me as yet...that concrete head over my shoulder is Gary...in reference to Garry Allan

Looks really appealing right now for snow. Most of the USA is in a 100F temperature range. Snow would be a nice change.

When we are in the 30s (well, yesterday) and you've got the snow, you know I won't have a lot of pity.
wink.gif
If I show your snow pic (like I did with your last ones) to the Aussie expat lady who does real estate up here, she'll probably say what she did last time: "Looks good on them!" She didn't escape our February so she wasn't charitable.

garak, oh I get it...
Been under the weather the last few days with a stomach bug...wore track pants and a hoodie for the first time this year.

But I think I've got my powers back...LOL ..local lookout, was a bit breezy, and the Colorado was saying 2C (without wind chill)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What's the deepest snow you've ever had? I've woke up to over half a meter before here in Illinois, but with drifts it can literally be as tall as houses. Most events here are between 2cm and 10cm.

Reminds me a bit of the climate of the American south. The Midwest has terrible winters. Some are pleasant, but last year was impressive. -30 c and f. At that point what's the difference... The more snow we have on the ground the colder the night time gets.

Bit unexpected, but snow again today.

Decided to make best Win Hof advantage of it.

Could only do 40 press ups in one breath out there in the cold...then made an angel in singlet and board shorts...cold shower was warm thereafter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What is your elevation there Shannow ??

I'm glad you got snow.. it is a neat weather phenomen in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back