Cleaning a new 4.0 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clean my engines with a can of scrubbing bubbles bath spray
Let it soak in
Hose of with nozzle set on shower spray

Looks brand new every time

Once a year after cleaning I use a can of tire shine on the plastic to bring back the new look

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HemiBenny
Everytime I wash my vehicles, I use the air compressor to blow dust/dirt out of the hard to reach places. After that, I just wipe everything else down with a damp microfiber towel. This seems to work well for me. I consider myself fairly OCD about cleaning my vehicles, the door jams, trunk, under the hood, it all gets cleaned and wiped down when I wash the car.

That's actually a great method, one that doesn't use water. I'm tempted to try the pain sprayer but an air compressor may just do the trick followed by hand wiping. That keeps it water free.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
Everytime I wash my vehicles, I use the air compressor to blow dust/dirt out of the hard to reach places. After that, I just wipe everything else down with a damp microfiber towel. This seems to work well for me. I consider myself fairly OCD about cleaning my vehicles, the door jams, trunk, under the hood, it all gets cleaned and wiped down when I wash the car.

Another great idea. Sand and dirt gets everywhere.

The only suggestion I have is wearing goggles when doing it. I hate small particles in my eye(s).
blush.gif

Been washing the engines in my vehicles for years with no issues. I usually use a degreaser cut thin and the pressure wash it . I hate a dirty engine. To me a dirty engine means lack of love. I make it a habit to even clean friends cars engine when I help them work on the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back