Tried Burger Kings "Impossible Whopper"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mcrn
Have you had an impossible burger from anywhere else? Our cafeteria at work was selling them for awhile and I was amazed how good it was. It tasted better than out regular burger.

Not exactly but close.

The Subway in my work building has a veggie patty as one of the choices, and between the seasoning in it and their Southwest Chipotle sauce, it makes a pretty good sandwich.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
[Linked Image]

somebody had to say it. LOL!!!

Clara died over 30 years ago...I hope she found the beef before she moved on!

Originally Posted by mcrn
Have you had an impossible burger from anywhere else?

I tried it from a local restaurant in my area. Did not care for it. It was rather tasteless and the texture was odd. Given that it's only better for the cow but not really better for you, I don't understand what all the hoopla is.

I find some of the the veggie patties from Trader Joe's more tasty and they're probably healthier.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beyond-meat-impossible-burger-healthy_l_5d164ad1e4b07f6ca57cc3ed

I bought a pack of the impossible burgers and grilled them at home. I normally buy brisket burgers and the fake was more expensive, so it was a one time trial. I thought they were good though. I don't eat burgers that often so would rather have the real thing. Nice that there is an option for non meat eaters.

Originally Posted by Bud
I bought a pack of the impossible burgers and grilled them at home. I normally buy brisket burgers and the fake was more expensive, so it was a one time trial. I thought they were good though. I don't eat burgers that often so would rather have the real thing. Nice that there is an option for non meat eaters.

Where did you buy a pack of non cooked Impossible burgers, they are not sold in markets yet that I am aware, just looked at the website again it doesn't mention that, only to commercial accounts for restaurants etc.?

Originally Posted by XCIDMigs
Originally Posted by Bud

Where did you buy a pack of non cooked Impossible burgers, they are not sold in markets yet that I am aware, just looked at the website again it doesn't mention that, only to commercial accounts for restaurants etc.?

I'll bet he means Beyond Burgers. I've seen them at our local supermarkets but they are pricey at almost $6 for two patties.

No thanks.

Their taco's....I wouldn't even call it that.....are terrible. They don't even look like anything on their advertisement. I want my money back.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Looks great but there's nothing better than a home cooked burger on a buttered toasted bun with lots of cheese made on a grill preferably a smoker.

Agreed! But I thought I'd give it a whirl and see how it tastes. I was pleased.

Burger King without Mayo and catsup is OK. The kids that work there put on too much of each. You have a squirt burger. Usually on my shirt

Rod

Originally Posted by doitmyself
You are a brave soul ...

While you're at it, you should start a thread about buying a vehicle with credit, LOL.

Hahahaha!
Well, I usually pay cash, but at 2.39% I couldn't turn it down (through a credit union)

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by FT92
I use to eat burger king food till I got food poisoning from eating at a burger king ,that was 20 years ago and have never been back since , make me sick just looking at anything from burger king

You fall off a bike once, and you never ride again?

Not only that, but food poisoning usually kicks in at least 8-12 hours afterwards if not a day or two later. It's very easy to assume that it was the previous place that you ate at when it was probably a few meals before that. Usually chains are pretty good at controlling for food poisoning and the ones that aren't end up making the news like Chipotle.

Just to make you all aware, the Impossible Whopper apparently can't be called "vegan" because they cook it in the same broiler as they use for the beef patties.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Don't eat there Tacos....terrible.

Yep! Carls jr tacos were better.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Mmm delicious processed fungus

I don't think there is anything at all in it from a fungus, is there?

Originally Posted by DBMaster
Just to make you all aware, the Impossible Whopper apparently can't be called "vegan" because they cook it in the same broiler as they use for the beef patties.

I'm not a vegan lol.
My liver just cant handle processed fast food red meat. It sucks, that's what Malaria from a warzone and months of doxycycline treatment do to your liver.
21.gif

Originally Posted by doitmyself
You are a brave soul to discuss fast food at BITOG. While you're at it, you should start a thread about buying a vehicle with credit, LOL. Maybe discuss some quality television?

Or, start a 5W20 VS 5W30 discussion? We don't have an article like that here at BITOG.
27.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Mmm delicious processed fungus

I don't think there is anything at all in it from a fungus, is there?

Mushrooms?

On a side note I saw the CEO of Impossible Burger on a television interview last night. He was having a hard time collecting his thoughts. The whole thing seemed odd. Under the influence? Who knows.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
atikovi said:
Not only that, but food poisoning usually kicks in at least 8-12 hours afterwards if not a day or two later. It's very easy to assume that it was the previous place that you ate at when it was probably a few meals before that. Usually chains are pretty good at controlling for food poisoning and the ones that aren't end up making the news like Chipotle.

I went to a dinner party at a friend's in Detroit on a Friday and was horribly ill starting later in the evening running through to Sunday night (yes, I got better just in time to head back to work).
Another friend who went to the party and then promptly got on a plane to the West, I figured the poor guy went through [censored] on that flight and probably made other passengers sick. He was heading for a conjugal visit with a girlfriend (he had several) and I assumed that all went out the window.
Talked to the host on Monday and he swore that everybody in his family was OK...the guy from the plane showed up and said his trip went so well that he barely went outside. I felt terrible about effectively accusing a guy who had invited me to a party of making me sick.
I traced my illness down to a tabbouleh salad from our building's cafeteria, the owner told me that they had a new worker who had not been handling food properly and had already been let go. He offered to pay my medical expenses and I told him I didn't have any, just the lost weekend. The guy made fantastic food and I had no qualms about continuing to eat there when he told me that he had addressed the issue...he had tossed a lot of food over the weekend. We used to have long talks about politics and life in general, he had been expelled from his home but was very grateful for being able to relocate to the US and build a new life here. I think he made good coin from his place because all of his food was just unusually good, incredible to find such quality in a workplace cafeteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back