D156 or Griots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to utilize a spray-on wax while towel drying after a hand wash. For years its been Meguiars D156 which has been great. Looks fantastic and lasts surprisingly long for a spray wax. Well its time to replace an empty gallon again and I was wondering if its worth changing. Looks like the Griots spray on wax is also available in a gallon, though its a bit pricier. Is it a better product? I've been very happy with the gloss of Megs but maybe the Griots will last longer? I do use their One Step Sealant, it has kept my 100k mile F150 looking quite sharp after a fresh wax (though it doesn't hold up exceptionally well its good enough).

you should give TW seal and shy a try - a ton of positive feedback from reputable detailers (i haven't tried it myself since my both cars are ceramic coated).

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I love D156 as well. One question: Do you have trouble with it plugging up your pump spayer?

I've tried several different types of sprayers and they all need a good shakes after a few pumps to get them going again.

The Griots spray on wax works better when applied on an already waxed paint.

Originally Posted by David2431
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I love D156 as well. One question: Do you have trouble with it plugging up your pump spayer?

I've tried several different types of sprayers and they all need a good shakes after a few pumps to get them going again.

I've been using D156 for a long time now and never experienced that. I just use an old Eagle One quick detailer bottle that I repurposed. That bottle has to be 6-7 years old and the sprayer is always clean + clear. The current gallon of D156 I fill the bottle from is around four years old and has always been stored in a climate controlled environment.

edit: lol @ having one post and my join date. I could have swore I posted years back a few times, but those must have gotten purged at some point or something.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I've never used a bad Griot's product.

Their One-Step Sealant and Spray-On Wax is a great one-two punch.

Agree, I use all their products including his buffer and am very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back