I want WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro14

$100 Site Donor
Staff member
The five year old in the seat in front of me (ORF-EWR commute this morning, Embraer RJ-145) is whining, crying, kicking the seat in front of her (where her mother is seated) to get her mother's attention after her father told her that the airplane doesn't have WiFi...

I'm just astonished by the whole scene...

Parents who won't admonish her behaviors.

A five year old who is entitled to WiFi, while flying in a plane!

Beyond even "first world problem"...

My kids had crayons, and coloring books. I wouldn't have allowed this egregious display of spoiled behavior...

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I also shake my head at how some of these really young kids can be so bratty and easily throw tantrums in public. It starts with the parenting, or lack of it.

I've had a few transpacific flights with these types. Thank God for noise cancelling earbuds.

I once saw this child go bananas when the "fish and chips" they ordered came with fries instead of chips.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I see parents buying Jr. High kids $1,000 iPhones... Sheesh.

Fun stuff having an 8th grader who has an iPhone 7 (my old one) and her peers get the iPhone X models approaching that cost. Locally our demographics my daughters peers have parents in or near the Top 1% and I am not.

Interestingly enough all the commercial pilots parents I know(5) bought their kids iPhone X somethings.

Parents use cellphones to shut their bratty kids up.

This is like giving a crackhead $50 worth of rock to smoke. 100% of their kid's attention is focused on the pipe (cellphone).

Sad but true.
frown.gif

Long car rides and plane ride I let my daughters(3) use their electronics (ancient iPad, $30 kindle etc, iPhone 7). Only one of mine is addicted like crack to some games. The other two (5 and 12) seem to just listen to their downloaded music playlists. My 5 year occasionally watches a downloaded PBS show is about it.

madRiver,

I'm sure your kids are not brats.
So many terrible parents that raise terrible kids.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was at grocery store and see 2 boys approx 10 years old running around the produce department. I tell both not to run cause they could get hurt.

Nasty terrible mom tells me to...... "mind your own business."

About a minute later I hear a loud crash and see the kid lying on the ground because he ran into another person's shopping cart full speed.
smirk.gif

The supermarket immediately calls 9-1-1 because kid was a crumpled ball of [censored] on the ground.

When I was 10 years old my parents would have given me a big wack on my rear for clowning around in public.

I was helping to do an open house once. Parents with kids came in and the kids starting playing with the toys that the seller had as the seller also had a child. Parent did nothing, just left the kids to play unsupervised and when about looking at the whole house. The kids even went and opened up storage bins to get at more toys that were stored away. Parents saw it as they walked by and did nothing. Couldn't really say anything as it wasn't really my place. Most of the time when parents come in with kids, they keep their kids with them and stop them from playing with someone else's toys.

Seems young parents are not parents but just baby sitters. They do what it takes to keep the kids happy and that is about it.

No one raised the parents . Little wonder , the parents are not raising their kids . ( Take a look at the grandparents . )

Raising kids takes work , guts & tough love . So you can kiss that good bye . :-(

Do not bring kids into this world if you do not plan to raise them or support them .

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
I once saw this child go bananas when the "fish and chips" they ordered came with fries instead of chips.

I thought it was supposed to be fish and french fries?

Originally Posted by Miller88
Originally Posted by SatinSilver

I thought it was supposed to be fish and french fries?

That's my understanding as well but he didn't know that.
smile.gif

Most of these kids will live with their parents until their parents pass away and then live on the remaining inheritance, if any, or go on public assistance. Wasn't there some 30 something man suing his parents for forcibly having him removed from their home recently? That's that kid on the plane.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Most of these kids will live with their parents until their parents pass away and then live on the remaining inheritance, if any, or go on public assistance. Wasn't there some 30 something man suing his parents for forcibly having him removed from their home recently? That's that kid on the plane.

That is a ton of extrapolation about a 5 year old who likely normally has access to wifi/cell data whatever on ground in car. home, and out and about. Parents did not do their job that one time does not mean they will live with them till 30.

The 22 year old+ kids I know living with parents seem to have irresponsible parents who simply sign their kids up with excessive student loans (my three nieces) instead of some basic family and financial planning. Its so easy to sign for a loan but so hard as parent to do the other things.

I've often said if you want to establish zero population growth in this country, just require couples to pass a parental exam before they are allowed to have kids. Fewer than 10% would pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back