Tried Burger Kings "Impossible Whopper"

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, it's been awhile since I've eaten a regular whopper. I am on Lipitor and fast food beef is usually a no-go for me.

Thoughts: this thing actually tastes really good. I didnt get cheese, but the rest was the normal all-the-way. I feel like this probably tastes better than a whopper from what I remember. Probably because they have to actually season it so it doesn't taste like poop, unlike a regular fast food mystery meat patty.

Anyway, the one downside I can see is its almost 1$ more than a regular whopper.

Oh well. I liked it.

I wanna try the new Chick Fil A Mac & Cheese but I'm good on that as Chick Fil A is always so busy and slow.
Anyway Pics:

received_916918291989260.jpeg

received_1089293001273287.jpeg

received_465453767629319.jpeg

You are a brave soul to discuss fast food at BITOG. While you're at it, you should start a thread about buying a vehicle with credit, LOL. Maybe discuss some quality television?

So I tried this new Whopper and really enjoyed it! Just the sandwich alone was $5.29 which is too expensive IMHO.

I also tried the $1 taco and was not too impressed but I'm not a fan of Taco Bell soft/hard shell tacos either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
So I tried this new Whopper and really enjoyed it! Just the sandwich alone was $5.29 which is too expensive IMHO.

I also tried the $1 taco and was not too impressed but I'm not a fan of Taco Bell soft/hard shell tacos either.

Yeah. The taco I havent tried. 1$ is sorta expensive when I think you can get two for that price at Jack in the Box

No, the Original Whopper is good enough!

Chicken Fries and Original Whopper(the "classic" with no cheese) are the only things I get at BK.

Some things were done right from the start, no improvements needed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
No, the Original Whopper is good enough!

Chicken Fries and Original Whopper(the "classic" with no cheese) are the only things I get at BK.

Some things were done right from the start, no improvements needed.

I mean. I like regular whoppers.
But being on a Statin medication, 87 mg of cholesterol isnt ideal.

I'm in no way a vegan/vegetarian but 10mg cholesterol in the Impossible Whopper allows me to eat something similar to something I otherwise avoid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Thoughts: this thing actually tastes really good. I didnt get cheese, but the rest was the normal all-the-way. I feel like this probably tastes better than a whopper from what I remember. Probably because they have to actually season it so it doesn't taste like poop, unlike a regular fast food mystery meat patty.

Although it's been a while since I've asked for one, I believe you can still get a whopper off the broiler. They still have a button for that somewhere. Basically they put the patty right on the broiler and make it fresh for you. It actually taste way better than the ones they have premade sitting in a tray. Just takes a few extra minutes while it cooks so not good if you're in a hurry. I wonder if you can do the same with their impossible whopper.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

Although it's been a while since I've asked for one, I believe you can still get a whopper off the broiler. They still have a button for that somewhere. Basically they put the patty right on the broiler and make it fresh for you. It actually taste way better than the ones they have premade sitting in a tray. Just takes a few extra minutes while it cooks so not good if you're in a hurry. I wonder if you can do the same with their impossible whopper.

It took a second. I think they're made to order? 3 people behind me got their whoppers before I got my impossible one. Figured they dont go through as many of them

Have you had an impossible burger from anywhere else? Our cafeteria at work was selling them for awhile and I was amazed how good it was. It tasted better than out regular burger.

I use to eat burger king food till I got food poisoning from eating at a burger king ,that was 20 years ago and have never been back since , make me sick just looking at anything from burger king

Originally Posted by doitmyself
You are a brave soul to discuss fast food at BITOG.

Worse, that he admitted to eating something vegan on here.

I tried it at Burger King, not too bad. However, try it from a "real" restaurant and you'll be amazed at how much better they are. I had it at a New York City place and it was almost indistinguishable from the real thing.

Six months ago my vegetarian wife starts talking to me about these vegetarian options, "Beyond Meat" and "The Impossible Burger", and I'm like...yeah it's not going to work, it'll taste the same as all the others before it. And besides, who's going to eat besides vegetarians? No one. Well I was wrong. Well maybe I wasn't wrong - still think unless you're a vegetarian, or have health issues, you're not going to eat it - but I was dead wrong about the taste...it does taste good (better than other stuff).

But the prices are ridiculous, $5 for two pattys at the grocer? I mean come on. Talk about a rip off. The real kicker is my wife suggested we invest in the company when they went public back in May...once again thought, no way! It'll fail. Stock is up 700% since May. 700%!! You kidding me!!?? How? I mean you could wait your whole life for an opportunity like this...to get into an Amazon, or Apple stock at the very beginning and become rich, and I blew it. And worse, we're out to dinner with this couple the other night and the guy's wife tells us she made $30,000 off the stock...and now she's going to buy a new car...and guess who needs a new car? My vegetarian wife. Oh lovely, just lovely.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
You are a brave soul to discuss fast food at BITOG. While you're at it, you should start a thread about buying a vehicle with credit, LOL. Maybe discuss some quality television?

1. Taco Bell FTW
2. Pay cash for your new McLaren
3. Binge watch Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and The Sopranos for the rest of your life
/EOT

Oh wait...my wife and I are both eager to try Impossible burgers. She used to love beef but stopped eating it after a serious digestive tract infection...keeps saying she has fantasies about just getting a 1/4 pounder and wolfing it down but can't actually do it. I'm no vegan but enjoy a lot of non-meat proteins...hummus is a particular favorite. Paying an extra buck for it is not a concern for us if it tastes good...

We have been eating out a lot due to the fact my wife and I have been busting butt for the last couple of months moving. Now that we're finished, I have a much better appreciation of her excellent cooking after living on fast food, and prepared meals during that time. If I don't eat another fast food meal for the next 5 years, it will be fine with me.

Originally Posted by FT92
I use to eat burger king food till I got food poisoning from eating at a burger king ,that was 20 years ago and have never been back since , make me sick just looking at anything from burger king

You fall off a bike once, and you never ride again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back