2012 Hyundai Accent SE Code P0326

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted three different Hyundai dealer service departments. None of them knew what I was talking about when mentioning the TSB - typical. They all said they would "speak with a technician" and call me back. Guess what? No calls back. I emailed Hyundai corporate and at least got a case number. Since the last time the car was serviced for a knock sensor issue was prior to 2015 I doubt this ECU update was implemented. I'm going to take a chance and schedule a service visit at a nearby Hyundai dealership. Corporate said to use the case number. Perhaps that MIGHT result in getting the update at no charge. My son thinks everything is peachy because the light stays off MOST of the time. To me, if it comes on at all due to faulty programming it is unacceptable.

Take it to a Hyundai dealer. Ask them to have a tech hook up the GDS. In the GDS under the ECU update tab there is Auto or Manual mode. When Auto mode is selected, all vehicle systems that have applicable updates come up. If the update has not been applied the engine icon will there. Next step is to click Engine icon, the list of applicable updates will be present. For your vehicle it should populate as update event 355. This is a software logic update to improve ECU management of the spark knock system. You will most certainly have to pay for this to be performed. Warranty pay is .3 hour labor so expect to pay .6 for customer pay. Hope that helps.

Finally got around to making an appointment for the car to be checked at a Hundai dealer. My son and I drove his car on a cross country trip to start him at a new college and in addition to the CEL (intermittent) issue I did hear plenty of knocking under hard acceleration. So, I'm pretty sure the car needs the ECU update. I'll let y'all know how it turns out after he takes the car in next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back