Corteco vs Lemforder Engine and Trans Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The application is a 2008 MB C300. This car has 127K miles but will only be driven 5k/yr going forward, so long-term durability is not a huge concern.

Corteco is claiming COO to be Germany. Lemforder is an unknown but they are manufacturing more and more in China nowadays.

From the picture, the Lemforder appears to have the same white label as the Genuine MB part but with the logo scratched off.

Either option is 1/2 price of the dealer mounts.

Any recommendations for this application or experience with either brand?

Thanks.

Note: first picture is Corteco, second is Lemforder.

F404D263-82EE-4FE7-838D-573BA23F88FD.jpeg

F5F573FF-3582-4929-BB18-175813254958.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are pictures of the current engine and transmission mounts.

The green arrow shows how the rubber flap on the engine mount is almost contacting the metal bracket.

The blue arrow shows the amount of saggage from the transmission mount. A good mount would probably show 1/2 of the distance.

C0E1709E-8B51-4F55-8220-A94230FD2225.jpeg

8C26ACD9-6F3E-46FF-BF4B-082B39F7EA08.jpeg

I have used Lemforder with very good results on all my Diesel Benze's with very good results. Having said that I believe that I have heard good things about Corteco on Mercedes forums.

I have used Corteco many times and had no trouble whatsoever with them, I can tell you the rubber they use is the same hardness (or so close to it you cant notice) as OE.
On VW dog bone mounts a change in hardness of just 5 points is noticeable in the amount of vibration inside the car and cheap mounts fail in the manual trans cars quickly, the Corteco seem hold up I would say as good as OE.

The oldest Corteco in service I installed is 10 years and still okay the OE was 19 when it let go. Only one let go early but so did the OE, the owner was Fluid Filming the car every winter and the rubber turned to mush on both so the rubber compound must be similar. eEuroparts stood behind the lifetime warranty no questions asked so kudos to them.

I have used a few Lemforderer with no trouble either but not enough to say much about them other than they worked okay and didn't fail like the cheap crap, my opinion is neutral, they could be the same as Corteco for all I know.

I've used Lemforder in both Volvos and Mercedes. Lemforder suspension components are OE quality and a solid choice. I've used Corteco engine seals on Volvos and they work fine. For suspension parts, especially with bushings, and for engine/trans mounts, I would go with Lemforder. Lemforder mounts on my Volvos have been very good. From Trav's experience, looks like either would be fine.

Shop around a bit. You may find that OEM Mercedes mounts are cost competitive. I have used this site: https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com/

They're about 25-30% off list. Often, the Genuine part is the same as an aftermarket from a place like Rock Auto. This is a Mercedes dealer, so no worries about fake parts...

Last edited:
I have had no issues with Corteco mounts in BMW applications. They appear to be the same as original. I would think Lemforder would be fine as well. If same price though, Corteco as I have positive experience with them.

You should just ask FCPeuro. They've said in the past which ones were the OEM makers. Not sure about that particular part but I've heard of both of them being the OEM maker depending on the part. They also carry the OEM part so it's easy for them to compare the two. Also once you have the part number I typically just google the part number and a bunch of MB dealers come up. Usually they offer 25-30% off list, some seem to discount more than others and the closer ones to you charge less for shipping.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Shop around a bit. You may find that OEM Mercedes mounts are cost competitive. I have used this site: https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com/

They're about 25-30% off list. Often, the Genuine part is the same as an aftermarket from a place like Rock Auto. This is a Mercedes dealer, so no worries about fake parts...

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I typically just google the part number and a bunch of MB dealers come up. Usually they offer 25-30% off list, some seem to discount more than others and the closer ones to you charge less for shipping.

The engine and transmission mounts are part of the MB program which discounts the "fast-moving" parts more substantially than usual. My local dealer gives me over 30% off MSRP on these items. Still, the Lemforder or Corteco options are 1/2 the price of the Genuine MB parts and I doubt this car will be driven for more than 30-50K miles until the owner retires it.

Both Lemforder and Corteco are showing a COO of Germany for the engine mounts. Corteco shows Germany for the transmission mount and Lemforder shows India for the transmission mount.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Corteco shows Germany for the transmission mount and Lemforder shows India for the transmission mount.

No brainer with that one.

If it's India for the Lemforder ones, run. Anchor Doan engine mounts for most cars are made there and don't hold up.

Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by The Critic
Corteco shows Germany for the transmission mount and Lemforder shows India for the transmission mount.

No brainer with that one.

Originally Posted by nthach
If it's India for the Lemforder ones, run. Anchor Doan engine mounts for most cars are made there and don't hold up.

I ordered the Lemforder mounts (2 engine, 1 trans) - we will see what turns up. The vendor I ordered from has a "lifetime warranty" and the transmission mount takes 15 minutes to replace. Worse case, if I have to buy another one, it is $20.

I was most concerned about the engine mounts and not the transmission mount.

The mounts arrived today. Both of the engine mounts were Made in Spain.

One of the engine mounts has a tag with something scratched off, presumably the MB logo. The other mount had no sticker.

Hmm...

67A98C2C-4FDE-4757-948E-E1E985844775.jpeg

72FCFB76-898E-4283-9E1A-2B2245CDC082.jpeg

93A733DA-DADE-4784-B449-2CCBD9036E47.jpeg

I've bought many Lemfoerder parts for BMWs and I'm 99% certain some had the BMW logo ground-off. As if they came off the production line with the BMW logo molded/cast into them for use in a BMW branded box/BMW factory. Then someone uses a Dremel on the logo and sticks others in a Lemfoerder box ...‚

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back