How Often To Change Your Oil Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another "How Often To Really Change Your Oil" article.
He states one way to know when to change it is when the oil on your dipstick is dark.
smirk.gif

https://www.aol.com/article/lifesty...-should-really-change-your-oil/23792034/

Written by Emily DiNuzzo, a twenty-something girl who majored in communications and now specializes in writing articles about food, health, and lifestyle. I always like to know the credentials of people who author such articles.

Also a blast from the past to see Reader's Digest in the header.

If I changed my oil when it turned dark on the dipstick, I'd be doing it about once a week.
Maybe the author and contributors for this article were thinking that laughter is the best medicine??

The article appeared in one of our most time honored automotive journals, The Reader's Digest. Might even have been an 'electronic edition'.

I didn't read it as the site was obviously pouring spyware into my computer judging by their endlessly whirling pinwheel.

The article was likely directed towards "non-automotive" people who, as we all know, neglect car maintenance.

It's good to know a magazine author's credentials. Such people write voluminously in order to get their work sold wherever they can.

If Mom or Pop is motivated to address their car's health by such an article, GREAT. What would be bad is if her next article was introed as having been written by "automotive expert Emily".

I don't care if the gal's next piece is a recipe or how to cultivate marijuana in a window box.

Originally Posted by Kira
I don't care if the gal's next piece is a recipe or how to cultivate marijuana in a window box.

This reminded me of a parody of RD that I read many years ago, it included a recipe for "mock" apple pie.
The recipe was to find a friend who could bake and tell them things like, "I heard your apple pies stink" and "I'll bet you can't bake an apple pie to save your life".
They would eventually make you a nice apple pie to get you to shut up.
I know this is apropos of nothing, but it still makes me chuckle after all this time.

"If you're refilling any of your car's fluids every month, it's one of 14 signs your car is about to die" lol

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

This reminded me of a parody of RD that I read many years ago, it included a recipe for "mock" apple pie.
The recipe was to find a friend who could bake and tell them things like, "I heard your apple pies stink" and "I'll bet you can't bake an apple pie to save your life".
I know this is apropos of nothing, but it still makes me chuckle after all this time.

Back in the day (perhaps many decades ago) there was a recipe for a mock apple pie printed on some boxes of Ritz crackers. Not surprisingly, one of the main ingredients in the mock apple pie was a bunch of Ritz crackers.

Is it really that difficult to comprehend different engines and fuel delivery systems will require different oil change intervals?

lol.gif

Gotta laugh when people write fluff articles and they really have no idea what they're talking about....and some people eat this [censored] up.

Plus I'm sure she's getting revenue when people click on the links in the article....
smirk2.gif

I change it every 4k miles
She does not burn any oil.
45.gif

It's a GM active fuel management engine 6.0 they are known to burn 1 to 2 qt every 1,000 miles

when the oil is black is means there is carbon in the oil and it's not filtering anymore

that is when it causes sludge and wear and tear to the engine

Last edited:
Every spring and fall. Don't care what the mileage is. I have been doing that for so many years I can't stop. Spring and fall. Nice in the garage those months. No so nice out there this PM. Did some brake inspection this AM anticipating rebuilding all four brake assemblies and by 11:00 it was past time to leave. We are having a very humid August this summer. Hello October.

Originally Posted by Kestas
Written by Emily DiNuzzo, a twenty-something girl who majored in communications and now specializes in writing articles about food, health, and lifestyle. I always like to know the credentials of people who author such articles.

That is pretty funny. Maybe you, Helen, and Wayne can get together and just discuss redirecting BITOG to that page, or at least make it a sticky.
wink.gif

Thanks guys
I read all your post instead of the article
Sounds like you guys saved me from an article of WTH is she talking about !!!
Thanks guys ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

Back in the day (perhaps many decades ago) there was a recipe for a mock apple pie printed on some boxes of Ritz crackers. Not surprisingly, one of the main ingredients in the mock apple pie was a bunch of Ritz crackers.

I think a box of lime Jello would have a recipe for some kind of horrendous mixed salad set in a Jello mold back when I was a kid.
I simply could not imagine a human being wanting to eat lettuce, beets, and tomatoes inside Jello….

It showed up on several sites - if nothing else it might help interrupt the 3k/3 mos scammers that are still out there - and taking advantage of people who don't know better because it was passed on to them from someone they respected. (like dear old Dad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back