Gasket Scraper recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a recommendation on a gasket scraper set? Amazon has a Wilde 3pc set for 35 bucks and ive seen some Martin / Mayhews for around 40 to 50. I'm primarily looking for something made in the US but wanted to see what some opinions are on some of the different brands there are and what ones to avoid.

I take my cheapest, worst, worn out flat blade screwdrivers and use a grinder to sharpen them. Always have just the right size and angles to get in the tough spots.

depends on what you are scraping..

I have razor type, putty knife style, and even a plastic one.

My style is to line up a bunch of tools with varying degrees of sharpness, from a sharp chisel to a dull putty knife. Too sharp, and you can dig into the base metal. Too dull, and you won't be able to remove the stuff that is well-adhered.

I have found my Rockwell oscillating tool with the scraper blade works great! Shaves off stuff like it's butter.

My all time favorite was the Snap On PK11. It is a wooden handled scraper with a heavy duty blade. I just looked on their site to link one up and it appears they don't make it any more. Good thing I have a few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back