Changed facroty fill and louder noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JoelB
I'm more curious why you own a car you only drive 1k miles a year.

lol I work from home plus this year was just a odd one for me didnt use as much as other cars normally for me its more miles.

Originally Posted by ccapital83
How many of you think I'm CRAZY for changing my factory fill at 1k but was just about 12 months in?

That's not crazy in my book.

Don't worry about it. In short order the unhappy parts will beat each other flat and you'll be good to go.

I've noticed any fresh oil makes engines noisy for a bit. The piston slap and some valvetrain noise in my LS1 goes away about 500 miles after changing oil. It happened with Pennzoil Platinum, some Valvoline bulk oil that was put in it after replacing the timing chain, Mobil 1 HM, and Royal Purple HMX. When that engine is warmed up, it idles and revs so smooth.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I don't want to turn this into a Mobil 1 is NOISY thread. However, I stopped using Mobil 1 oils(mainly in the lower cST) due to more audible engine sounds in too many engines, not just one.

This is one of the reasons that I quit using Mobil 1 years ago. I don't think it was hurting my engine but I just didn't like the noise.

Get your car to a mechanic. There shouldn't be a very noticeable sound change. Something's wrong there.
whistle.gif

LOL, typical M1 and combined with a piece of garbage Renault engine.... but don't you dare say M1 is bad on this site or the fan boys will burn you at the stake!

I wouldn't run M1 in my lawn mower...

Originally Posted by cwhard

So what are you using that is so much better? Or what would your suggestion be?

If you're asking me, I went with Pennzoil/SOPUS products and haven't looked back. I used to be a big Mobil fan but constantly getting let down by a product for so long lead me to see the light!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back