Apollo 50: Go for the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7a...wUIgJlezeMd6biRFr3uJ2MR13kc4fgiz8p_GD7yw

I'm not entirely sure how this slipped under my radar with all the 50th buzz a few weeks back. Air and Space Museum commissioned this and by god it looks like it would have been absolutely stellar to see if you're a space fan, especially if you were born just after the moon landings stopped.

Its well worth 20 min of your time to watch, especially if you can watch it in high def on a big screen.

I must say, recently watching the space-x Falcon Heavy boosters return and land was like something out of
"The Thunderbirds" puppet theatre. I still cant believe it.
[Linked Image]

I found at 1:59, the projection of a lightbulb onto an obelisk to be a tad...Allanis Morrisett

[Linked Image]

I was all go with the space program when I was a kid . Not sure I am that enthusiastic , in my old age .

If we do , spend ALL the $$$$ inside the USA with USA companies . And keep any and all the technologies developed within the USA .

I have no desire to go into space . Even if I was in perfect health .

As a side note , I recommend " The Moon is a Harsh Mistress " by Robert Heinlein . Could be significant military ramifications to having a base on the Moon .

Other than that , I have a hard problem going gung ho over space , when we have hurngry folks here .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I have a hard problem going gung ho over space , when we have hurngry folks here .

Aerospace jobs are often superb. It's a great field, with multiple opportunities for many capable people. Greatness is something we are capable of.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
...... Other than that , I have a hard problem going gung ho over space , when we have hurngry folks here .

NASA's budget is slim pickings compared to what we waste on social programs. And the technology that comes out of it elevates living around the world. Computers, calculators, communications, electronics, not to mention jobs, all got a huge boost from technology acquired from the space program. We more than get back whatever we end up giving to NASA.

I see no point in sending people into space. Not when AI has been developed to the point of autonomous operating robots. 2/3 of the planet is ocean, After every square inch of sea floor is mapped and analyzed then maybe send robots to Mars
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back