SimpleTire.com and FedEx... never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mrsilv04
On this one, they're going to be paying for return shipping on 4 tires... instead of on none... per their 30 day "risk free" return policy.
Oh well, they will say. It's going to happen sometimes....

Early on Friday morning, FedEx was admitting that there was a problem and declaring that there was "no scheduled delivery date" at that point.
Did the tracking show what happened ? It probably got misrouted and went to another city or even got lost (locally, including got put on the wrong delivery vehicle). As soon as something like those happen, their system won't indicate when (for sure) the piece will be delivered, at least not until they locate it and it goes on the correct delivery vehicle. I suspect that on the day it was delivered, the tracking would show "out for delivery" but even then, the "scheduled delivery date" probably wasn't given.

Originally Posted by bmod305
Buy local and it all goes away.

Not an option. No one locally stocks tires in this size anymore. It was a popular size 30 years ago. Not now.

Even a local shop would have brought them in via special order..

Many order from Simple Tires without issues. This is like a "Dealer Thread" or similar. Many are happy-the one screw up get blasted on the Internet.

Last edited:
Ordered 4 tires from Walmart.com.

The tires shipped directly out of the nearest Cooper warehouse in a suburb of Indianapolis, and the tires are a fresh 2 months old.

Oh yeah... and they showed up overnight.

Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by CKN
Many order from Simple Tires without issues. This is like a "Dealer Thread" or similar. Many are happy-the one screw up get blasted on the Internet.

Yes, the screw up does get blasted, as it should.

See my message just above this one, that describes how Walmart.com did it. This is the way it should happen.

That does blow.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when you are on a tight timeline, mail-ordering anything from anyone is not the way to go. I've mail-ordered quite a few automotive tires over the past 10-12yrs. I have not had a problem with them showing up at the house as a set fortunately, but I have had issues ordering through walmart and having them shipped to the store. I was double charged once and only got 3 out of 4 on another order. Luckily they were able to snag the 4th from someone else's order. I had to battle with the CC company to fix the double charge because WM was pretty useless.

Heck.. I've even had issues with just going and buying tires at a local tire shop. I once had 3 coopers and 1 mastercraft installed on our Honda Odyssey when I paid for all coopers. I somehow didn't discover this until weeks later. Another time I called ahead for a set for my Cobalt. Was given a quote and told come on in. They started breaking down my worn OEM tires only to discover they didn't have the right tire (or size?) they quoted me. It was late in the day so I had to abort mission.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by c502cid
That 4th tire had to be coming from a different warehouse or vendor subbing to Simple Tire. I've never seen tires not shipped in groups of 2 banded together, even the biggest LT tires.

I have.

Ordered 4 tires from Walmart.com.

The tires shipped directly out of the nearest Cooper warehouse in a suburb of Indianapolis, and the tires are a fresh 2 months old.

Oh yeah... and they showed up overnight.

Lesson learned.
this I what im planning on doing order from Walmart online they are best prices and if anything should be wrong with the tires they have to reorder them and remount them at their facility for free. I also don't see a problem with Walmart mounting and balancing tires since most of these Techs are of equal skill at most of these so called tire specialty sellers like Firestone,Mavis etc.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by c502cid
That 4th tire had to be coming from a different warehouse or vendor subbing to Simple Tire. I've never seen tires not shipped in groups of 2 banded together, even the biggest LT tires.

I have.

me too...

Raised blue letters...
grin.gif

I didn't realize this when I ordered, but according to TireRack, Cooper "updated" the font on these tires in 2019. The new font is less blocky and more stylized.

[Linked Image from tirerack.com]

[Linked Image]

Compared to the old Hoosier tires that came off, which were literally old enough to drive.... these new Coopers do everything better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back