Non low flow shower heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
replaced the blend valve and dual heads over the weekend, looking for my water pressure back. where can I get a non low flow head?

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
There is a restrictor that reduces the flow, you can usually remove it quite easily.

Yup, most will have a little washer (all the ones I have seen are green) that you can take out to increase flow.
Just remove the shower head and look in there.
I have heard of some that need to be drilled out, but the 4 I have done all had washers that just popped out with a little pick tool.

I live in the country and have a well for water and a septic tank of sewer. All of my water is pumped out of the ground. All the water I use goes right back in the ground through the septic tank. I call that 100% recycling. YET, I have to buy low flow shower heads and water conserving (meaning flush twice) toilets because the government says so. I doesn't matter how much water I use to flush or shower. It all goes right back in the ground where it came from. Idiots!

Originally Posted by jhs914
I live in the country and have a well for water and a septic tank of sewer. All of my water is pumped out of the ground. All the water I use goes right back in the ground through the septic tank. I call that 100% recycling. YET, I have to buy low flow shower heads and water conserving (meaning flush twice) toilets because the government says so. I doesn't matter how much water I use to flush or shower. It all goes right back in the ground where it came from. Idiots!

en·ti·tle·ment
/inˈtīdlmənt,enˈtīdlmənt/

noun
the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
"I get my water from the ground, thus I shouldn't have to use a low flow shower head like everyone else"

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer

en·ti·tle·ment
/inˈtīdlmənt,enˈtīdlmənt/

noun
the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
"I get my water from the ground, thus I shouldn't have to use a low flow shower head like everyone else"

I don't think you're entitled when you bought the water rights through the purchase of the land, have to pay for any maintenance of the well or septic tank, and you have to pay for the electricity to pump the water out of the well.

^ It was a bad application of a concept. NOBODY should have low flow faucets or shower heads forced on them, and it's not at all special treatment to be able to use your money to buy what you want. I guess some people won't care until we ban something important to them. That's always how it works, right?

On the other hand... sure, I'm entitled to use every drop of water I pay for, or get off my own property, any way I want to.

Last edited:
I use low flow shower heads etc because my water pressure is 90 ha ha. City water reservoir is 1/4 mile above me and it's a 5% grade coming down to my house. I'm on the bubble as to whether I need a water press regulator. The houses a mile farther down have 100+ so they have regulators. It's a 1905 house and it's endured this since the 40s when the tank was put in.

You've got it backwards. You want to use low flow shower heads? Knock yourself out. Just don't impose your values on me, especially when, as I have explained rather succinctly, they do not have the intended effect (water conservation) in my case. I'm sure you are a fan of recycling. Every drop of water than I pump out of the ground is recycled back into the ground. How is that "entitlement"?

You've got it backwards. You want to use low flow shower heads? Knock yourself out. Just don't impose your values on me, especially when, as I have explained rather succinctly, they do not have the intended effect (water conservation) in my case. I'm sure you are a fan of recycling. Every drop of water than I pump out of the ground is recycled back into the ground. How is that "entitlement"?

I don't know much about well water or septic but isn't the well water a different water than your septic water? The septic water might go back into the ground but it is going back into your well?

You're right, ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! It's like that stupid ad for country hookups says, "City folks just don't get it".
Heck on my place there's 4 horses buried out there and never once got a single permit 🥴, oh the humanity........ 🤷ðŸ¼â€â™‚ï¸You really gotta wonder sometimes these days..................

We also live in the boonies and absolutely will not abide lunatic rules that may well be necessary in cities with water access problems. A study of geology will explain septic effluent theory. The local plumbing supply houses have multi tap shower head designs to deal with desired flow in the shower.

The only option you have has been given. The rest is political commentary and bickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back