STOP changing your oil so often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cwhard

I haven't changed my oil for over a year and a half. Simply no need. Would be glad to publish my next Independent Lab Result at the next oil change (in a few months).

Oil: Amsoil Signature Series 0W20
Filter: Amsoil 15,000 mile synthetic media

For you guys still chasing your tails changing oil. If you enjoy the exercise, be my guest! I personally like saving all that spilled oil from the environment...

Put Amsoil in it and forget it!

-Tex

Good thing I had this handy.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by saginawmale50
Not so sure people with DI would agree with that.

I'm sure people don't understand the few percentage of fuel dulution in engines does not harm the lube nor the engine.

Joined over ten years ago and laid dormant until yesterday.

Hmm

So you are so superior because you have nothing better to do? I just retired and now have the time. Why not Welcome me instead (of being a jerk)?

-Tex

Can we make a rule - anyone on here who suggests everyone else stop using all other oils in a favor of brand A has to supply members with at least 5qt of that brand A oil?

So you are so superior because you have nothing better to do? I just retired and now have the time. Why not Welcome me instead (of being a jerk)?

-Tex

WELCOME! (Ten years late)

Hmm

-Tex

Because you opened a thread by being a jerk. Pot meet Keetle.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

-Tex

Or pretty much any other quality lubricant.

This! Even SuperTech.

Gee, didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers. And this wasn't meant to be an advertisement, so my apologizes.

Instead of simply shouting me down, why not offer your own solution? I would be curious as to how many folks are running their oil 1 year ( or 15,000-20K miles) without a worry. PLEASE, share your experiences and you options for a different oil type (if you have one). I am all ears and looking to learn.

But, I'm afraid that most of you are simply threatened by this challenge, just like I was at first...

-Tex

Originally Posted by PimTac

Hmm

I indeed. Perhaps it's time for the Admins to fly in?
50.gif

I haven't changed my oil for over a year and a half. Simply no need. Would be glad to publish my next Independent Lab Result at the next oil change (in a few months).

Be my guest, but I'm actually more interested in a monthly mileage total. I'll clock 63K miles in a year and half driving back and forth to work alone. Do you think Amsoil would be good for me too for 1.5 years of driving?

Oil: Amsoil Signature Series 0W20
Filter: Amsoil 15,000 mile synthetic media

I've never seen either for sale anywhere OTC here. How am I supposed to purchase these products if I wish to start using them?

For you guys still chasing your tails changing oil. If you enjoy the exercise, be my guest! I personally like saving all that spilled oil from the environment...

Again, 63K miles in a year and half. That's sixty-three THOUSAND miles of driving in one year and half of another. How many times should I change my oil in that time frame in order to NOT chase my tail?

Forget it? That seems reckless...how will I know when it is time to change the oil?

-Tex

I'm curious, Tex, what part of our great state do you call home?

Gee, didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers. And this wasn't meant to be an advertisement, so my apologizes.

Instead of simply shouting me down, why not offer your own solution? I would be curious as to how many folks are running their oil 1 year ( or 15,000-20K miles) without a worry. PLEASE, share your experiences and you options for a different oil type (if you have one). I am all ears and looking to learn.

But, I'm afraid that most of you are simply threatened by this challenge, just like I was at first...

-Tex

This section has quite a few 10-15k UOA https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/3/1/used-oil-analysis-gasoline

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
Like an atheist telling Christians "you're wrong, lemme show you how its done"

Lol, not to start a religious war here, but me being an engineer I can explain certain things that religious folks just call miracles.

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
Like an atheist telling Christians "you're wrong, lemme show you how its done"

And vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back