STOP changing your oil so often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't changed my oil for over a year and a half. Simply no need. Would be glad to publish my next Independent Lab Result at the next oil change (in a few months).

Oil: Amsoil Signature Series 0W20
Filter: Amsoil 15,000 mile synthetic media

For you guys still chasing your tails changing oil. If you enjoy the exercise, be my guest! I personally like saving all that spilled oil from the environment...

Put Amsoil in it and forget it!

-Tex

36.gif

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

That's one of the reasons I've moved to extended drains - less waste. Less oil to be recycled, less filters to be thrown away or recycled, and less packaging to be dealt with.

Sure, you can "go 3,000 and sleep well at night" but it's a huge waste of resources and (sometimes) money.

All that said, Amsoil has priced themselves out of my market, I'll be moving to Schaeffer's soon. I may try M1 EP somewhere down the road.

Or maybe after seeing Dnewton3's UOAs @ 15k miles on dino, I'll go with the Havoline synthetic box for 15k.

I'm with you on the price increase. But lets' face it; if you an't changin it you ain't buying it! But I do agree that Schaeffer's sound's like an interesting experiment...

Thanks for the intelligent response (thought I was in for just the dumb looks club),

-Tex

Originally Posted by CARJ
Stop telling me how to maintain my vehicles...

Exactly. I will keep doing my 5K OCIs as it is much cheaper than an engine.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Joined over ten years ago and laid dormant until yesterday.

Hmm

Amsoil sleeper cell activated!!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Eddie
I recycle ALL my used oil at AutoZone. Ed

I recycle mine too, and have done several 2 year or more OCI's in my van with XOM or Sopus products, and Amsoil twice. My Rubicon has gone a year + on PU. No wasted resources here.

Originally Posted by Touring5
Originally Posted by PimTac
Joined over ten years ago and laid dormant until yesterday.

Hmm

Amsoil sleeper cell activated!!
crazy2.gif

This

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Originally Posted by CARJ
Stop telling me how to maintain my vehicles...

Exactly. I will keep doing my 5K OCIs as it is much cheaper than an engine.

Exactly. I will keep doing my 1K, yearly OCI as it is much cheaper than an engine.

And besides, "Although the amount of pollution produced by cars can vary greatly, depending on the make, model and year of the car, the average carbon dioxide emissions per passenger vehicle per year is 4.75 metric tons."

https://www.reference.com/science/much-pollution-average-car-produce-7f2a3d41ed9d2689

Huh, what else can one do with used oil beside recycling? Collecting it and keeping it at home?
Some people drive daily to work and rack up miles upon miles, some have engines in their cars that need more often oil changes to keep engines alive.
So, 2-4 months between changes could be normal for some. For me it works out about 3-4 months between changes on both cars.

Nothing wrong with Amsoil and your intervals. But folks are running extended intervals on other oils and filters with excellent results as well.

Most on here enjoy changing out earlier and don't see that practice as "chasing their tails."

Originally Posted by cwhard

I haven't changed my oil for over a year and a half. Simply no need. Would be glad to publish my next Independent Lab Result at the next oil change (in a few months).

Oil: Amsoil Signature Series 0W20
Filter: Amsoil 15,000 mile synthetic media

For you guys still chasing your tails changing oil. If you enjoy the exercise, be my guest! I personally like saving all that spilled oil from the environment...

Put Amsoil in it and forget it!

-Tex

Spoken like a true Texan........NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back