Finally found one New car SUB WRX pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just gonna go home nothing good. Clean car fax with major over spray from accident repair. False click bait dealers Cars advertised not on lot. I was defeater until this caught my eye 2019 WRX premium with only 120 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Took a test drive. I had to buy it. Gonna order a set of winter wheels and tires so I am good to go this winter. They took a super beat up Corvette in trade for exactly what I paid for it originally 20 thousand miles ago and gave a good discount off the car. I pick it up wensday. I gotta busy few days before then.

I am thinking rotella t6. I was gonna check with warranty department and mity-vac oil changes
https://imgshare.io/images/2019/08/11/14AFF989-6465-4688-A9C0-248CB51BA13C.md.jpg
14aff989-6465-4688-a9c0-248cb51ba13c.7g2Kf

[Linked Image]

14aff989-6465-4688-a9c0-248cb51ba13c.7g2Kf

https://imgshare.io/images/2019/08/11/24BADCC8-1638-4725-8FEC-9C4151953F53.md.jpg
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
IIRC those have the FA20DIT engine?

if so I'd recommend an API SN+ since it has DI and turbo and you want an oil that will reduce/prevent LSPI.

Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 meets this and has some manufacturer specs for it such as Dexos 1 gen 2, and Jeep ms-13340.

P.S. Love the car and color if they only made it in hatchback still, I'd have one in the garage.

Last edited:
Friend of mine had its clone until he switched for a 2019 STi. I went with a cx5 GT Reserve but considered the WRX, too. Traded handling for ground clearance.

His only complaints in about 30k miles were the OEM tune is trash, and he opted for the base interior which sucked. I drove the car after it had a sensible tune and really liked it. Turbo was kinda laggy, but that's about the worse part. Clutch was nice, acceleration was adequate, and handling was very good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gathermewool
CVT or stick?

I would be thinking of a Dexos 1/2, not RT6, in this case.

I have a DI turbo and run only oils that are Dexos1G2, Honda HTO-06, and SN+ rated.

Last edited:
Congrats!
If 5W30 is recommended, use ACEA A3 or C3 oils.
Also, these cars are magnet for cops, be aware!
And, is it CVT or stick (pease let it be stick)?

Awesome choice !!

I think you should just run the Subaru oem oil in the recommended grade, I think it's made by Idemitsu? It used to have a pretty stout base with a good additive package.

Congrats!

Since this is a DIT under warranty, I'd run an API SN ACEA C3 5W-30 or Rotella 5W-30 Multi-Vehicle.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...ella-t6-multi-vehicle-7214-km-4500-miles

Owner's manual is strange.

5W-30 synthetic oil is the required oil for optimum engine performance and protection. Conventional oil may be used if synthetic oil is unavailable.

*: If 5W-30 synthetic oil is not available, 5W-40 conventional oil may be used if replenishment is needed but should be changed to 5W-30 synthetic oil at the next oil change

In choosing an oil, you want the proper quality and viscosity, as well as one that will enhance fuel economy. Oils of lower viscosity provide better fuel economy. However, in hot weather, oil of higher viscosity is required to properly lubricate the engine. The following table lists the recommended viscosities and applicable temperatures.

Page 12-5 (pg 432 of the pdf)

https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5M1905A_STIS.pdf

19.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by gathermewool
CVT or stick?

I would be thinking of a Dexos 1/2, not RT6, in this case.

I have a DI turbo and run only oils that are Dexos1G2, Honda HTO-06, and SN+ rated.

Smart man

As you can tell from my sig, I'm a bit of a hypocrite...I'll be changing the oil soon, though.

Originally Posted by Rand

I believe the STi only comes in the 2.5 310HP with manual only. He has the Premium.
So he has the CVT . Subaru warrants their CVT for 100K miles.

Nice car. Should move right along at 268 HP. The FA 20 is a great engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al

I believe the STi only comes in the 2.5 310HP with manual only. He has the Premium.
So he has the CVT . Subaru warrants their CVT for 100K miles.

Nice car. Should move right along at 268 HP. The FA 20 is a great engine.

How do you know he has the CVT?

Originally Posted by Al

So he has the CVT .

WRX Premium is available with a manual trans. The CVT is a $1,900 option.

I almost bought a new STI back in 2015. It was an outstanding car, but to me it felt a lot like my lightly modified Mazdaspeed 3 and I was looking for something a bit more different- and with RWD. Don't take that as a knock on the WRX; it's a tremendous performance bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back