5.3 liter GMC V-8 Filter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use up the Baldwins and the go to Ultras. The nice thing about Ultras is they really last multiple OCIs, good for 20k.

That 5.3l is a good engine, had it in several family vehicles and wish I had it in my Japanese SUV.
wink.gif

Unless you are in the mountains of NM a lot in winter, consider 10w-30 or at least for summer. If you aren't starting her at under 10F routinely, the 5w-30 is doing you no good and not as robust and oil for warmer temps.

Originally Posted by SteveG4
Thread-starter: Run your B1432 filters. They are quality and will last for the OCI you have in-mind.

Stepping up from your Baldwins will require moving to the Fram Ultra, Royal Purple or AMSOil EA filters.

BTW, Baldwin B1432 filters can be had by the case of 12 for $6.01 each, or $72.07 and modest shipping from Middlesex, NJ.
https://www.baldwinfiltersrus.com/baldwin-b1432-lube-spin-on.html

Talk about late advice.

I have 2 gm 5.3 gm engines
I have used purolator, wix, ac delco, cheap clearance filters from rock auto made by hastings, mobil 1.
Think I'm switching to the ultra next after seeing how well its made

I had a new 2004 Silverado LT 2WD until last September, 127,000 miles. Used many different filters until I settled on Wix XP. It was a short one, 51042XP. Used all the major full synthetics, whatever was on sale. Typical piston slap went away 30 seconds or less, a little longer in winter. Truck ran great. Hated to see it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back