SHELL GAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on the station. Many are a mix but some sell distinct products. You can count the fill ports in the concrete to be sure.

All depends how the tanks are set up at each shell station

No matter what that is
Your getting 89 octane no matter what

It's either blended at the pump OR it's blended at the loading facility as it's loaded in the tanker. Either way...it's blended using regular and premium.

Had a private station owner tell me some years ago that 89 contained 10% premium, rest 87 octane. Whether this is true or not I have no idea.

Originally Posted by Eddie
Is the mid-grade 89 octane SHELL fuel a mix of 93 & 87 or a stand alone grade? Ed

Mix

Above it says, "Your getting what you paid for"

And pay you do at Shell....at least in my neck of the woods.

And then Valero (big pipeline/refining company?) revamped and reopened stations and decided to meet and even exceed Shell's pricing.

It felt good to see them close or drop their prices.

I asked because most vehicles I know of either require 91 or 87 and seldom 89. If 89 is a stand alone then maybe it is not used enough to get the seasonal change. PS Kira: my off the main street SHELL has the same price as the non-name stations. Ed

Originally Posted by Kira
Above it says, "Your getting what you paid for". And pay you do at Shell....at least in my neck of the woods.

I have found this as well. Shell always seems to have the highest priced gas around. This regardless of location. I just moved to Lake Havasu City. And I found a local station, "Maverik" (spelling is correct), that has been there for years to have the lowest priced fuel. I paid $3.09 for Premium. Which was substantially cheaper than the $3.29 Shell wanted across town.

It was much the same in the Phoenix area. When ever I check prices on "Gas Buddy", Shell and Chevron are always the highest priced.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I'm still curious at the accuracy of 93 octane.

The states regulate and routinely test for this sort of thing. The individual stations themselves make pennies per gallon on the sale of gasoline and hefty fines would almost surely ruin them. Not to mention that delivery company can get into trouble as well. Overall the juice isn't worth the squeeze but I understand you do live in Florida so...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by tc1446
Had a private station owner tell me some years ago that 89 contained 10% premium, rest 87 octane. Whether this is true or not I have no idea.
I hope this station owner doesn't do the accounting/books for this business as well 'cause his math ain't right.

The Shell near me have terrible gas so I stay away. The Shell in Haverhill was notorious for pumping swamp water. The Shell 20 miles away in Derry, NH had been pretty decent when I lived near there in the late 80's.

I think there is some real funny business in the fuel industry around here.

I see many odd hour unmarked truck deliveries.

My local Shell stations are in line price wise as other brands and with my Shell rewards card I always get .05 cents off. Not a lot per say but it adds up over time and the more I use it i get bigger discounts from time to time

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
The Shell near me have terrible gas so I stay away. The Shell in Haverhill was notorious for pumping swamp water. The Shell 20 miles away in Derry, NH had been pretty decent when I lived near there in the late 80's.

I think there is some real funny business in the fuel industry around here.

I see many odd hour unmarked truck deliveries.

Cosa Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back