Anybody Tint their entire front windshield ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody Tint their entire front windshield of their vehicle to reduce glare and heat ?

I was watching a YouTube video of the process. I currently have all the windows tinted + 4 inches at top of windshield with limo tint for sunny day driving.

Forward to 17:00 to see what I'm talking about.

There is a little line on each side of the windshield about 4" down.
In TX, you cannot tint below that.

However, last truck I had tinted, they were offering a clear ceramic tint for windshields.

Definitely illegal in the majority of states that I am aware of, other thing is I would worry about reducing nighttime visibility overall unless it was a clear tint.

70% on the front windshield will be almost no tint at all, this is mainly for heat rejection. While illegal unless they specifically look for it they wont even know its their.

I have Llumar airblue on the front of my Camaro and I had it on my previous cars works great at keeping heat out.

I like to tint the sides and top of front windshield but am afraid it peels off or get bubbles as I see some old cars driving with lots of air bubbles ... The businesses guarantee life time but 2 years later they are replaced with Subway Sandwich
shocked2.gif
sorry we can't fix the bubbles but if you buy a 6" and chips, you'll get a free drink!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
Definitely not legal here. We can't even tint side windows.

You can but 88% of light must be allowed in unless the car has factory tint and if combine aftermarket with OEM the tint has to let 70% of light in.

Almost anything is legal in Florida, but there are some great windshield tints that reject significant infrared rays that are almost clear.

Bottom line, windshield tint should be about heat rejection first and foremost. It works wonders. Do it!

I literally just watched that video yesterday. I'm going to get my windows tinted with 30% soon. Not doing the windshield though. Probably not necessary in MN.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Anybody Tint their entire front windshield of their vehicle to reduce glare and heat ?

I was watching a YouTube video of the process. I currently have all the windows tinted + 4 inches at top of windshield with limo tint for sunny day driving.

Forward to 17:00 to see what I'm talking about.

Yes, my entire windshield is tinted in ceramic. If I didnt tell the passengers theyd never know.

Had a doofus at work tint his whole front windshield with something fairly dark-- pretty sure it was 15 or 10%, can't remember, I just know that it was ridiculously dark for a front windshield. He had it professionally done too. He's never gotten a ticket for it and it's been like that for a couple years now. He has had a couple minor fender benders (one time in his own driveway with only his vehicle involved); Pretty sure not being able to see out your front windshield might have played a part in them!

On any vehicle I was going to keep and drive for a couple years I would tint 30% titanium on the sides and 70% non titanium on the complete windshield. Titanium is pretty grainy at night looking at on coming headlights. It was not easily detectible, I never was hassled, it is definitely illegal in California. I don't care about the Tint! I just Want the GT3!

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
70% on the front windshield will be almost no tint at all, this is mainly for heat rejection. While illegal unless they specifically look for it they wont even know its their.

I have Llumar airblue on the front of my Camaro and I had it on my previous cars works great at keeping heat out.

That's what I plan on having installed on my car.

They make a clear ceramic tint that would be a good choice. I for one could not imagine a tinted front window. My GTI has 18% tint all around and it's hard to see in the dark, evening, and early morning hours. Even a light tint would not be good for me.

!!!! Don't Do It !!!! it plays he#$%^& with polarized sunglasses. You finally buy a decent set of effective glare-killing shades and all you see from the drivers seat is rainbows. Avoid front tint, even if it's perfectly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back