Meg's Natural Shine not working on tires: What else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my new-to-me Buick LaCrosse, I did the usual exhausting-in-the-heat wash and minor detail yesterday. My usual go-to for the tires is Meguiar's Natural Shine, sprayed onto a little sponge block which I then wipe all around the tires after I spray and wash them as part of the wash process. However, this time the NS did not provide its usual semi-gloss shine: I noticed a little later that the tires still looked a little dry. A second application helped, but not by much.

Do I need to scrub the tires clean with a brush first? Or are there some brands of tires (these are Goodyears) that don't take water-based shine products well? Seems to me I've read here about a semi-gloss gel that lasts a while. What do you use?

I use

[Linked Image]

50/50 with water in a spray bottle

[Linked Image]

The tires have to be prepped properly first. Spray some Stoner's Tarminator on them and wipe off with a rag. Then spray the tire down with water and let dry. Follow up with your choice of a quality protectant many of which have already been mentioned in this thread.

I use Meg's Hot Shine because it is shiny for several days before fading to a natural shine which last for a while. The natural shine should make a noticeable difference but have less brightness than hot shine. If you didn't scrub the tires enough, do so.Also, sometimes you need an extra coat the first time you use a new product.

clean tye tires for with megs hot wheels tire cleaner to remove whatever is already on the tire.

black magic bleche wite also works well. dont believe the reviews snce tyey have corrected the formula after the messed it up a few years ago. i have one now bought this year and it melts tye grime just like tye Megs hot wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back