68 Caddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE the color.
Does this engine require leaded premium?
Solid rear axle, no doubt.
No CAF but room to retrofit one....invisibly.
The shot of the rear end makes the trunk lid look 12 feet long.

So, 4 years ago $7,700 didn't meet the reserve.

What do YOU think it'll sell for?

Surprised the seller didn't put another grill in it, unless they're hard to find? Paint could honestly be better, if you're going to spend the cash on a resto mod, it needs to be done right.

Originally Posted by Kira
I LOVE the color.

Yes! At least 10:1 compression with iron heads. People used to pull travel trailers with cars like this. Didn't need a $90k pickup like we do today. Just a hitch that clamped onto your rear bumper. The 472 and turbo400 trans held up well.

Yeah, my real brother has a 68' DeVille a Convertible with a stroked 500.

He has like 7 472 complete engines from gathering parts/swapping parts with fellow Cadillac forum members.

I like how the body of the car sticks out ahead of the bumper so that the first point of contact is sheet metal, later the bumper. Oops.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I LOVE the color.

Yes! At least 10:1 compression with iron heads. People used to pull travel trailers with cars like this. Didn't need a $90k pickup like we do today. Just a hitch that clamped onto your rear bumper. The 472 and turbo400 trans held up well.

Now thats the truth, todays family sedans/suv wont pull anything like a famly boat, much less a camper

These days someone would complain that you are taking up too much space on the road.LOL

Originally Posted by loneryder
These days someone would complain that you are taking up too much space on the road.LOL

HOA would need to tear down your house because your car is too old

Red Right Returning.

Three short blasts of the horn signals that you are backing.

It's always good to review the Rules of The Road before driving one of these behemoths.

The old joke was that cars like that had red and green running lights (like a barge-ha, ha).

I pulled up to the pump for gas and the attendant said, "Turn it off. I can't keep up".

It'll pass anything but a gas station.

I left my car parked in Texas and a family of ______ took up in the trunk.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I LOVE the color.

If I remember vehicle prices, a 68 optioned caddy probably cost more new than the most expensive 68 pickup sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back