Quick wash and FK1000P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performed a quick wash today. Initial wash with laundry soap as I used a leftover jug that I cut the top off of. Used what was left in the bottom to do an initial wash.

Rewashed a second time with Rain X car wash.

Dried of well and coated with FK1000P wheels and all.

Will likely do a super quick detail tomorrow afternoon to top coat with FK425 spray detailed.

Turned out decent. I find if I detail it I like it more. Saving me the $25k of buying a new vehicle. I think this one will last another year for us.

7DD8F4CE-55F1-4BEE-9C91-61CFE4AF636D.jpeg

Great job, looks real nice! Silver is easier to maintain than many other colors. Any issues with it since it's close to 200k miles? If not shoot for 300k.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Great job, looks real nice! Silver is easier to maintain than many other colors. Any issues with it since it's close to 200k miles? If not shoot for 300k.

Thanks!

No real issues. It's the 2.5L duratec FWD model and it's been great. Uses no measurable oil in 6k OCI.

I have replaced the radiator as it was leaking like most of these do. Went ahead and put on a new water pump while it was apart.
I have replaced the Evap valve on the expansion tank as well as the purge valve under the hood. (Check engine light)

Other than the above maintenance items, oil changes and transmission fluid changes and it's been super reliable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back