Fort Worden state park, coastal artillery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Camp here often. Really nice lots to do!

20190809_201513.jpg

20190809_201550.jpg

20190809_201612.jpg

20190809_201526.jpg

Nice, but why don't you tell the rest of us who don't live in your area where Ft. Wordern State Park is? Can't tell where you live from your signature.

My dad was a ways west of Worden shortly after !2-7-1941 as he was infantry supporting other coastal guns near Port Angeles. When it didn't seem as though the Japanese were invading, it was down to San Fran and a boat ride to Australia and then South Pacific combat. He liked that area of Washington and the people. He would have been 100 today-

Originally Posted by jhs914
Nice, but why don't you tell the rest of us who don't live in your area where Ft. Wordern State Park is? Can't tell where you live from your signature.

Sorry wasnt even thinking about it. There is also Ft Casey and Ft Flagler. All like this with full hook up camping.

Originally Posted by Lapham3
My dad was a ways west of Worden shortly after !2-7-1941 as he was infantry supporting other coastal guns near Port Angeles. When it didn't seem as though the Japanese were invading, it was down to San Fran and a boat ride to Australia and then South Pacific combat. He liked that area of Washington and the people. He would have been 100 today-

That is a good story. I always wondered what it would be like to be stationed there.

Originally Posted by jhs914
Any pics of the coastal artillery?

I have more, but I am on travel, this what is was on my phone.
This is Ft. Worden, but I have some from Ft. Flagler I can dig up when I get home.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back