Maxima CVT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nissan introduced the CVTs far before any of the other auto makers - they have learnt what has gone wrong and fixed them.
Any transmission CVT or otherwise needs periodic maintenance, I would bet the Toyotas 8 speed is mechanically sound but different from other transmission shift points.
If they can push the 8 speed to the bread and butter high volume Camry's they must be sound.

Originally Posted by MaximaGuy
Nissan introduced the CVTs far before any of the other auto makers - they have learnt what has gone wrong and fixed them.
They may be better than what they originally where, but there are still seems to be a lot of failures even in later model years. Toyota and Honda are top dogs when it comes to CVTs.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted by MaximaGuy
They may be better than what they originally where, but there are still seems to be a lot of failures even in later model years. Toyota and Honda are top dogs when it comes to CVTs.

The Nissan forums suggest you should be more concerned about the interior & exterior trim rattling and falling apart than the CVT failing.

tec told me that mitisbushi does not have troubles with there cvt. but I think
he was trying to get to buy an outlander and trade my santafe for one.

The Outlanders use the Jatco CVT8 as far as I remember. They are the same CVT as in the Maxima. It's a good transmission.

Originally Posted by artbuc
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Like anyone needs a V6 in a midsized car in the age of 185-200HP 4 bangers.

You guys all drive slow.

I'm a old hot rodder and rarely used the full power of my 4 cylinder engines.
35 grand "do-nothing" midsized sedans are dinosaurs.

I'd need a Challenger SRT392 with a stick to even get me to look in that direction.

The last thing I want to drive is a screaming turbo 4 cylinder. To each his own.

The low performance VW make massive lower and midrange torque. No Screaming.

I run 1500-3000 rpm during acceleration.

Your Nissan V6 is tuned with a high rpm torque peak way above my 4 banger.

Again you guys all drive like grandmas anyhow - if you drive like the population near me.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Again you guys all drive like grandmas anyhow - if you drive like the population near me.

Great sermon - yes if you wanted spirited driving go back to the ages and get yourself a manual.

The VT on the Nissan lineup has been a pleasure with great MPG every time I rented one (rent them every month). If one complains about the 1-2 hang then one could complain about anything, there are folks who want a manual and live by a manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back