HOA Against Classic Truck owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I got a letter from my community compliance board that after my latest house inspection it was determined I had roof stains that needed to be cleaned within 30 days. I have an outfit coming out to power wash the stains at a cost of $240.00. My hoa fee which pays for 2x a week garbage pickup, snow removal lawn cutting and access to the clubhouse (full size indoor/outdoor pool) sauna, hot tub,gym etc etc is $290.00 a month. That's utopia in New Jersey.

I am glad there are places you don't have to look at your neighbors rust bucket.

He has a garage to park it in and stay within the rules he signed.

https://youtu.be/XUwUp-D_VV0?t=17
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by madRiver
I am glad there are places you don't have to look at your neighbors rust bucket.

He has a garage to park it in and stay within the rules he signed.

If you enter a junkyard does your head explode?

I'm glad there are still areas where every car is a rust bucket, 1980's Wisconsin every truck over 2 years old was the same or worse than the truck pictured.

I always find it amusing when I see sunlight through a body panel on a junker that shouldn't be capable of running on the road and think well done sir.

I was behind a Saturn the other day that apparently had the clutch plate welded to the flywheel going through a series of stop signs, looked like fun

Last edited:
I lived in an HOA neighborhood for a couple years...in my case it was fine despite constantly breaking rules, but I also worked part time for the HOA president, and the HOA also didn't do much. One foreclosed house got so overgrown I went and cut the front yard myself.

Now I live on an extension of a street that was meant to have more houses, but further development was scrapped in the late 70s because Birmingham/white flight/airport/things... now I have a whole lot of driveway that technically belongs to the city, but they don't maintain it because there are two houses up here and one is nearly abandoned (owners check on it every couple months or so). I kind of like it, but it confuses the [censored] out of FedEx and UPS. I park whatever I want on Ghetto Mountain.
lol.gif

Funny this has been brought up.

Visited some friends last night who live in an old neighborhood, but the backyard overlooks a new housing addition with a HOA.

Theyve dealt with a lot of complaints from 1 "neighbor" in particular, but all she can do is complain. Sad she feels they need to conform to their rules.

Not the HOA's fault; just gives one an experience with the shenanigans.

Originally Posted by JC1
Not sure if this has been posted before. I'm glad we don't have HOA's where I live.

Youtube Link

After reading the thread and watching the story - seems that the truck owner is adhering to the HOA rules. There is no moderate body damage and we don't know from the details provided if the term "body damage" is even defined in the document. If it is NOT defined, IMO the owner will win in court...and I agree with the earlier post that the HOA will just change the rules if that happens.

Don't like HOAs much, another decent idea (let's keep our neighborhood nice) that's gone too far in many cases. They're ok for things like grass cutting, snow plowing and pool membership. But letting someone arbitrarily dictate their will to tell a homeowner what vehicle to own is ludicrous. I have heard of HOAs that won't even allow any maintenance to be performed on vehicles, even in a closed garage! No thanks.

Originally Posted by dlundblad

Visited some friends last night who live in an old neighborhood, but the backyard overlooks a new housing addition with a HOA.

Theyve dealt with a lot of complaints from 1 "neighbor" in particular, but all she can do is complain. Sad she feels they need to conform to their rules.

This is it. I don't understand why people believe their neighbor must live up to their standards.

Originally Posted by dave1251

This is it. I don't understand why people believe their neighbor must live up to their standards.

This is a recent trend and is a learned behavior
It has everything to do with control, people who are focused outwardly on what their neighbor is doing wrong are easily manipulated by their local governing entities , they are too distracted by things that are completely unimportant to actually care about things that would actually matter and positively affect others.
Self centered ness to the extreme using a white elephant of property values to exclude poor people, the sick/handicapped and undesirables as they define them.

Locally the town used these rules to demolish a wheelchair Guys home because he didn't get the grass cut often enough and was a nuisance, he still owns the vacant lot and they are stating it's still a nuisance because he doesn't do anything to it now.

Many here would believe that's a triumph

Last edited:
The idea of the HOA's are good ideas executed poorly sometimes. When keeping the neighborhood nice turns into visits by the lawn Gestapo over every little thing that doesn't break the rules but "offends" someone else, it has gone too far. With that said, I understand not wanting every other house having a car on blocks, oil leaked and running down the driveway, four dogs chained up in the front yard, and grass three feet tall everywhere the riding mower can't get to.

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
By the way, I got a letter from my community compliance board that after my latest house inspection it was determined I had roof stains that needed to be cleaned within 30 days. I have an outfit coming out to power wash the stains at a cost of $240.00. My hoa fee which pays for 2x a week garbage pickup, snow removal lawn cutting and access to the clubhouse (full size indoor/outdoor pool) sauna, hot tub,gym etc etc is $290.00 a month. That's utopia in New Jersey.

Roof stains? You have got to be kidding me.

crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

This reminds me of a particular woman who bought a house that's only 1/2 mile from my local NHRA dragstrip, and constantly complained about the noise. She knew good and well that the dragstrip was there. Every month she would petition to have it shut down because of the noise. She finally moved after a few years.

The guy has a 2 car garage that he can park the truck but he chooses not to. And continues to be harassed by HOA. Sorry pal....can't back you up on this one.

Originally Posted by JLTD

Roof stains? You have got to be kidding me.

crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

At my Florida house I've gotten letters from the HOA about a dirty roof. Costs me $300 for power washing it.

And if you don't clean your roof tiles the HOA will simply hire a company to clean them when you are away at work. Then they'll send you a $500 bill + fines and lawyer fees.
smile.gif

Last edited:

I am so glad I moved out of NJ back in 1990. I'm glad of it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back