What would you think of this carfax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only question would be why isn't it certified? Is there a rule about experience cars not being certified or did this one have an event that disqualifies it? Wonder what sort of inspection/maintenance program experience cars undergo...

There is a Porsche experience in Carson CA as well as Atlanta...

The fact it has been used as intended would not bother me, Porsche not wanting to back it up would a little bit...

Wonder how much more they would come off of it...

I almost went to see the car today because I was in the area but it was pouring rain. So I called, did not get any real answers and was told the warranty is what is left of the new one. Asked how that could be because it was never registered and got a non answer. Asked for a dme report so let's see if they produce that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
My only question would be why isn't it certified? Is there a rule about experience cars not being certified or did this one have an event that disqualifies it? Wonder what sort of inspection/maintenance program experience cars undergo...

The fact it has been used as intended would not bother me, Porsche not wanting to back it up would a little bit...

I'm just curious why you think it should be certified? Technically it should be a brand new car, warranty starts when it's registered by the first owner. It's an interesting question about the mileage though, According to the warranty it says the start date is when it's first registered by the owner but also mentions demonstrator, lease or company car. But I think because it wasn't a dealer that made it a demo, maybe that doesn't count. Also says 4 years or 50k whichever comes first so my guess is that it's 50k total miles, not 50k miles from the mileage of when it was first registered. That would be too tricky for the dealers to figure out if it was in warranty or not.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by DuckRyder

I'm just curious why you think it should be certified? Technically it should be a brand new car, warranty starts when it's registered by the first owner. It's an interesting question about the mileage though, According to the warranty it says the start date is when it's first registered by the owner but also mentions demonstrator, lease or company car. But I think because it wasn't a dealer that made it a demo, maybe that doesn't count. Also says 4 years or 50k whichever comes first so my guess is that it's 50k total miles, not 50k miles from the mileage of when it was first registered. That would be too tricky for the dealers to figure out if it was in warranty or not.

Car is listed as used with the balance of factory warranty. It also list "no known accidents" and "no known bodywork". If they certified it it would give you an additional 2 years after the factory warranty expires if I'm reading correctly.

The flip side is that it is priced like it is a 2 year older Cayman GTS with over twice the mileage based on a nationwide preowned porsche search...

Originally Posted by Audios
I cant believe that was 100k new, why not get an 911 at that point.

Because I like the Cayman

Originally Posted by BeerCan
So this is a car I am looking at. It was delivered to a Porsche dealer on the west coast, apparently had 2 tires and is now for sale on the east coast with over 4k miles and never been registered.

Anyone care to speculate?

[Linked Image]

I used to be acquaintances with a guy that trailered car(s) (Audis, Porsches) to the track to race. It was his hobby, I guess you'd call it. My hobbies are about 99% cheaper, but I digress. Did he need it registered if it wasn't driven on streets? I don't know. Probably not? Could be something like that, too. Who knows.

Ok been talking with the dealership. They swear it was a loaner car and they purchased it from an internal Porsche program.

They said they will send me the dme report tomorrow. That will give some info, including engine hours. I can calculate average speed with that number at least. Over revs with pdk should be close to zero. Also I will get misfires I think.

Said warranty is good to September 2022 and to cpo it would add 3000 dollars. That doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Said warranty is good to September 2022 and to cpo it would add 3000 dollars. That doesn't make sense to me.

CPO is essentially a factory extended warranty.

Originally Posted by dishdude

Yeah I guess that is true. I am going to press him and ask why the warranty does not start from zero, considering it has never been registered.

Yeah I guess that is true. I am going to press him and ask why the warranty does not start from zero, considering it has never been registered.

IIRC factory warranty is calculated off the "in service date". It's the date in which the vehicle was put into operation (track, employee, loaner fleet, etc) rather than sitting on the sales lot.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

IIRC factory warranty is calculated off the "in service date". It's the date in which the vehicle was put into operation (track, employee, loaner fleet, etc) rather than sitting on the sales lot.

In service is correct, says so even in the earlier quote. That's pretty standard. I would think that the CPO would be negotiable and that additional detail on the tire deal could be had with some calls. If you intend to keep it long term extra warranty could be a good thing...

This one is out. Dealer still has not gotten back to me yet on basic questions. I found a 981 gts that I like better anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back