What is the most you have spent on a set of tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had several class 8 trucks at one time. With up to 10 tires per unit, they were by far the most expensive vehicles for tires.

A set of Michelins in the late 90s.$140 a tire and the tread started going out of round at 12k miles. Rotated them had an alignment when they were installed and they refused to honor the warranty on the two that were bad. Don't think I'll ever buy Michelins again. Haven't since.

Originally Posted by pdxglocker9mm
Originally Posted by das_peikko
I never buy tires in sets; always in pairs. How do you people wear out four tires at the same time?

How? With great planning and rotation.
I watch my tires wear to keep ontop of rotation and inflation. Then run them untill they are about 3-2/32
My father in law says he has never met any one who gets longer tire life than me.
I suppose thats a good thing.

Everybody I know has their tires wear out evenly too with the rare exception (staggered setups.) All my tires are rotated every oil change (~5K miles) and have exactly the same tread. I read about people that never rotate tires because the "rear tires go out-of-shape and oval over time" and would rather rotate the rear tires to the front when their front tires wear out.

$700 for the Mustang. Cost more than a set of 32" all terrains for the Xterra
frown.gif

$800 for a worthless set of Michelin LTX's... that I took off early and sold on craigslist to some fool.

Most expensive and most disappointing tire purchase ever. So little traction, that the ABS couldn't even kick in to help me avoid an accident.

Originally Posted by mightymousetech
Not for me personally, but I just priced out a set of 21" Pirelli PZero RSC for a new X3. Was $5500!
shocked.gif

What? How? I'm genuinely curious.

A little over $800 for a set of Michelin LTX M/S2s. They seem to ride and handle fine, but it looks like I will be buying tires again at about the 40,000 mile mark. No more Michelins for me. I'm looking pretty hard at Ironman tires. I have a brand new set on my F-150 4X4. All Country A/T. They are all terrain tires, but are also designated as all season tires. I read through about 250 reviews. I believe the overall score was at least 4.5 out of 5. Very few complaints.. No complaints about their performance in snow. They ride and handle about like a set of Michelins, and have very little road noise. Not at all annoying. Will need new tires in about a year to replace the stinking Michelins on the 4X2, and I am almost certain I will go with Ironman Radial A/P. A little over $400 a set, and I have read that they will run about 50 to 60 thousand miles. I don't like buying stuff made in China, but it's the best option I have found.

The most I've spent on tires is $0.00 I have 2 cars. One I just got, and another with all my tires given to me with fairly decent tread.

$1600 is the going rate for 4 Michelin P4S staggered 20" tires for my Porsche. Last almost 15K miles
frown.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Deamos
Not for me personally, but I just priced out a set of 21" Pirelli PZero RSC for a new X3. Was $5500!
shocked.gif

That is just how much they cost. The run flat PZero are crazy expensive, and you are lucky to get 20k out of them.

shocked.gif

That is just how much they cost. The run flat PZero are crazy expensive, and you are lucky to get 20k out of them.

Who do you work for?? A quick search on Canadian Tire gave me this.

Screenshot_20190812-015836_Samsung Internet.jpg

Originally Posted by Gixxer8989
shocked.gif

Who do you work for?? A quick search on Canadian Tire gave me this.

I work for BMW. Are those the star spec (bmw) runflat version?

Last edited:
Man, some of you guys pay really wicked prices.

About 1700 dollars for four Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's in 275/35/20 with all the bells and whistles from the dealer. They meet any price, even online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back