Samsung QLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 11 year old Toshiba has finally started to annoy me, a couple years ago it started getting a dark spot up the middle and has been spreading and getting darker. At first it was only noticeable when the screen was white but it is now showing up in all but dark scenes. So I been researching and don't want to spend the money on a OLED. The main reason I'm looking at a Samsung is I can get it locally from an old girlfriends brother and the only other brand this place sells is Sharp. Looking at the Q70R, seems affordable but the main thing I'm concerned about is the upscaling since 99% of what I will watch is Directv and the other DVD/Blu-ray. Reviews on them are not to bad but reading online reviews on electronics isn't what it use to be.

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-QN55Q70RAFXZA-Flat-QLED-Smart/dp/B07N4L5PKL/ref=sr_1_1?

Would like to here from anyone that has a QLED.

Last edited:
If upscaling is the main importance, I'd go with a Sony. (X950G/X900F) But if Samsung or Sharp is your only options, I'm sure either will look better than an eleven year old TV.

This is Bitog, right? Thought I clicked on AVS forum for a second.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NothingNew
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
So I been researching and don't want to spend the money on a OLED.

You should be able to find a 55" OLED for less than the 55" Samsung QLED you linked to. Check out
www.slickdeals.net
Yep, I just saw that. To my eyes LG's OLED picture quality is better than Samsung's QLED picture quality.
I'm willing to bet that LG is clearing out the current OLED TV models to make way for the introduction this fall of the new 2020 models that include ATSC 3.0 tuners (in time for Christmas). I look for Samsung to do the same. Both companies already manufacture dual-tuner TVs and are selling them in South Korea. https://www.cnet.com/news/free-4k-tv-with-an-antenna-is-almost-here/

Originally Posted by dippschtick
If upscaling is the main importance, I'd go with a Sony. (X950G/X900F) But if Samsung or Sharp is your only options, I'm sure either will look better than an eleven year old TV.

This is Bitog, right? Thought I clicked on AVS forum for a second.
smile.gif

AVS is a decent forum and they have a thread on the Q70R which I have been thru a couple times and is very positive. My old Toshiba was $1700 back then and has been a very good TV and don't regret spending that much on it but ya looking forward to the upgrade, headed out her shortly to pick it up if he still has one in stock.

Skyactiv, thanks for the link, seems like they like the QLED over there too. No rent to own, it's a locally owned appliance store that has been her since 1971 and I will be paying cash.

No OLED for me until they fix the burn in, this kept me away from plasma TV's as well.

Thanks to all.

No OLED for me until they fix the burn in, this kept me away from plasma TV's as well.

What's the deal with burn-in?

Originally Posted by sst9303

What's the deal with burn-in?

I haven't paid any attention to new TV's since I bought my Toshiba 11 years ago so I'm just going by what I've been researching the last few days.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

It doesn't sound as bad or as easy to get an image burned into an OLED as the old plasma's but don't want to take the chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back