Rental review of 19 Impala LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cujet
I very much like the new V6 Impala. Especially in higher trims. Very comfortable and capable.

That for sure is
lol.gif

Originally Posted by edyvw
I very much like the new V6 Impala. Especially in higher trims. Very comfortable and capable.

That for sure is
lol.gif

Why? The 4 cylinder one struggles on long hills with 3 grown men and bags. The V6 version has no such annoyances. It's a competent car with adequate power.

I drive hard and I find the V6 Impala has ample passing power. Something that cannot be said about many cars I rent.

We still love everything about our 2017. My wife finally did a longish trip to Ottawa recently and she said the car shined when it was able to stretch its legs.

So far the car has been great for us with zero issues to date. I enjoy driving it as much as her but its her baby that I try to keep looking good and maintained.

Sue's car 1.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

If the Impala is a Cessna, then its a 206 while the Lexus might be a Bonanza in comparison. It certainly wouldn't seem an F-16 in comparison.
Funny how you always find a way to dis certain makes with which you have no real experience.
This seems like a very useful and capable sedan and you can get some real deals on these cars.
As a daily driver, this car would be a lot more pleasant than the typical pickup or SUV/CUV.

That for sure is
lol.gif

Why? The 4 cylinder one struggles on long hills with 3 grown men and bags. The V6 version has no such annoyances. It's a competent car with adequate power.

I drive hard and I find the V6 Impala has ample passing power. Something that cannot be said about many cars I rent.

I am not sure that in 2019 definition of capable is comfortable passing power.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
If the Impala is a Cessna, then its a 206 while the Lexus might be a Bonanza in comparison. It certainly wouldn't seem an F-16 in comparison.
Funny how you always find a way to dis certain makes with which you have no real experience.
This seems like a very useful and capable sedan and you can get some real deals on these cars.
As a daily driver, this car would be a lot more pleasant than the typical pickup or SUV/CUV.

Yeah I drove numerous as rentals. As I once said: no wonder GM is abandoning car market. Give me a break man. If there was no rental car companies and law enforcement these models would be long gone.

The last VW rental of mine had half the dashboard warning lights lit up - fortunately it was a 90 mile one way rental to catch a plane or I'd have to chase that problem
Other than that it was just an ugly appliance

Impala is a great driving car - at least with the V6, I've never driven the 4. It's smooth, quiet, handles and drives great. I found it to be a comfortable and pleasurable driver.

Originally Posted by fdcg27

Yeah I drove numerous as rentals. As I once said: no wonder GM is abandoning car market. Give me a break man. If there was no rental car companies and law enforcement these models would be long gone.

Someone is Salty for the sake of being Salty.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Impala is a great driving car - at least with the V6, I've never driven the 4. It's smooth, quiet, handles and drives great. I found it to be a comfortable and pleasurable driver.

Rented a 2018 Malibu 18 months ago for a lot of driving in northern California. Very impressed; completely agree.

It blew away our 10 year older Lexus ES in almost all marks, despite being a 4cyl vs. V6 in the Lexus. Only downside was the GD idle/stop on the CA model; not car specific. I will look at a Malibu or Impala when time to replace the Lexus. Never thought I would say that if you asked me 10 years ago or more.

Originally Posted by Oro_O
Originally Posted by dishdude

Rented a 2018 Malibu 18 months ago for a lot of driving in northern California. Very impressed; completely agree.

It blew away our 10 year older Lexus ES in almost all marks, despite being a 4cyl vs. V6 in the Lexus. Only downside was the GD idle/stop on the CA model; not car specific. I will look at a Malibu or Impala when time to replace the Lexus. Never thought I would say that if you asked me 10 years ago or more.

I tried to talk my wife out of getting an Impala and insisted on a Malibu based on it being more of a city car compared to the Impala but after owning it a while now, I am glad she insisted on the Impala.
We drove a few Malibus and the idle/stop function drove us nuts as we didn't like it at all. Despite that, the ones we drove were decent enough cars but once we were in the Impala, the differences were significant.

We purchased our Premier edition, V6, used and saved a bundle compared to new with only 20,000 kms on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back