Chevys in Uzbekistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lada's are indestructible, especially those from 90s. Believe it or not, but thousands back in russia and ukraine are still driving them. Reliability is not the strongest part of those lol

What sets the Lada apart from modern vehicles, is although they are not reliable, nor indestructible - they are repairable , for as long as you want to keep fixing it. I've had a couple, not great cars, but not worthy of the jokes or ridicule.

Q:
"A few times a year people had a chance to buy a Chevy without a shapka: Dealers who'd just received a rare shipment would open their doors to a free-for-all, with people literally fighting their way to get in and get one of the vehicles."

Unreal.

I can't begin to imagine life there.

$11,000 to $13,000 for a 40~45 year old car? Must have some kind of cult collectable mo-jo going on.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
$11,000 to $13,000 for a 40~45 year old car? Must have some kind of cult collectable mo-jo going on.

Cult? No Comrade, only car club.

parshisa said:
Lada's are indestructible, especially those from 90s. Believe it or not, but thousands back in russia and ukraine are still driving them. Reliability is not the strongest part of those lol

Would you believe I just saw a couple of those things rolling around in Germany? They might be a collectors curio but they're not taking over the market anytime soon. You see about as many of those as Trabis ...–

Originally Posted by parshisa
you had those spam cans in new zealand????

They were also sold in Australia for a few years! A famous racing car driver here, Peter Brock, even put his name to the Lada Samara... it's true, I swear, Google it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back