does it matter how you treat your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by thrace

Originally Posted by fdcg27
My source is a guy who now has had his own shop for a couple of decades having previously been the lead tech at a local Honda store.
He works only on Honda/Acura cars and has therefore seen enough of them that he has a real solid idea of the failure rate of these transaxles, and it ain't nearly as high as you seem to contend.
He's even been to NSX school, so is no slouch in technical knowledge and experience.
Not sure why you bothered with violating CU's copyright, since what you've posted above means nothing in quantifiable terms.

Sometimes when there's smoke, there's fire.

CR's reported problem results do have validity although we don't every detail about how data is evaluated. Data is from subscribers. Not just an editor. CR is not out to make Honda look bad as some Honda models are rated well. Cars that are many people would think are full of problems like Italians are found unreliable by CR.
Dashboard Light finds Acura TL and other Honda Acura vehicles in this time frame have many more transmission issues than industry average.
http://dashboard-light.com/vehicles/Acura_CL.html

Author describes methods here. http://www.dashboard-light.com/click-here-first/

Not without fault but better than "some guy says".

In some discussions, someone states, "I know a guy who says bla bla bla". What does that mean in quantifiable terms? Don't know the guy. If the guy was a dealer employee, he might not see out of warranty transmission repairs as warranty was 3 yr, 36,000 miles and many owners don't return to the dealer after the warranty expires. Dealer employees have lied to my face several times. Don't know the guy.

Better than what a Honda tech good enough to own his own shop says?
Very doubtful.
I'll also put this in really simple terms all of us here can easily understand.
How many Gen 6 Accords do you see every day, a model gone from the market for seventeen years?
Answer: Quite a few.
How many of these cars are automatics?
Answer: Almost all of them.
Therefore, these automatic transaxles were not nearly as bad as some might make them out to be.
This dashboard light site you reference is no more than some guy posting stuff.

Originally Posted by fdcg27

Better than what a Honda tech good enough to own his own shop says?
Very doubtful.
I'll also put this in really simple terms all of us here can easily understand.
How many Gen 6 Accords do you see every day, a model gone from the market for seventeen years?
Answer: Quite a few.
How many of these cars are automatics?
Answer: Almost all of them.
Therefore, these automatic transaxles were not nearly as bad as some might make them out to be.
This dashboard light site you reference is no more than some guy posting stuff.

Always easy blast anything that doesn't match your opinion.
Don't know the guy.
See plenty of domestics and Toyotas of that age and older. More Toyotas than Hondas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back