Mystik JT-6 High Temp Grease in Low Temp (Winter)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know there's a lot of love for the Mystik JT-6 High Temp Grease for an GC-LB application. I couldn't help but notice it's only rated down to -10F. Here in Canada it gets down to -40F. Is it not a good idea to use this grease in such an application? I know Mystik has a low temp grease but it looks thick and appears to be calcium based.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
From the makers of Mystik, you can buy Motomaster Formula 1 Synthetic grease at Canadian Tire. Very good at -40.

Thanks. Couldn't find more info on this grease, how do you know it's made by Mystik? It looks exactly like a repackaged Mobil 1 which is known for its dripping problem.

Originally Posted by nobb
So I know there's a lot of love for the Mystik JT-6 High Temp Grease for an GC-LB application. I couldn't help but notice it's only rated down to -10F. Here in Canada it gets down to -40F. Is it not a good idea to use this grease in such an application? I know Mystik has a low temp grease but it looks thick and appears to be calcium based.

I am not an expert but for the NLGI #1 grease is softer and more suitable to cold than #2 Grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back